AAE Max Stealth Vanes with EZ Fletch Mini Max jig?

SDHNTR

WKR
Anybody using this same set up? Been using Max Hunters for years (glued on with AZ EZ Fletch Mini jig) but wanted to try the Max Stealths. I fletched them using the AZ EZ Fletch Mini Max jig and DAMN it puts a crazy amount of helical to the arrow. More than I've ever seen with any other jig or vane combo. Is that a good thing? I obviously know some helical is good, but is there a point of diminishing returns? Is there such a thing as too much helical? Could additional air turbulence actually make them louder?

N2TRKYS

WKR
I use the Max Stealths, Q2i Rapt-x, Fusion, and Blazer vanes in that jig. I love the helical it gives. I have noticed any adverse issues from using that jig.

fatcats

FNG
I don't fletch them on that jig but know several guys that do. Seems like a great setup tbh and you may get a slight drop in FPS but it wont be much at all to really care. Like maybe 2-3 max if I had to guess. Make sure you're grouping and you should be fine. I recently added more helical to my arrows and I think they group better. The helical seems to make it more forgiving for whatever reason, probably flight stability. I've heard that at longer distances the helical will actually help by reducing the drop but I've never tested that myself.

N2TRKYS

WKR
They don’t seem louder. Seem noticeably quieter than Maxhunters on the standard AAE Mini jig.

I done alot of testing when I started fooling with different vanes and helicals and I never noticed any noise differences, either.

OP
S

SDHNTR

WKR
That package on the mini max jig actually claims that helical is quieter and causes less air disturbance than offset vanes.

Last edited:
We shot some the other day, one with the mini max helical and one with 3* offset. Had two guys safely down range. They both said the helical was noticeably louder, repeated a few time alternating which went first. Same result each time.

OP
S

SDHNTR

WKR
We shot some the other day, one with the mini max helical and one with 3* offset. Had two guys safely down range. They both said the helical was noticeably louder, repeated a few time alternating which went first. Same result each time.
Thanks. Interesting. Exactly opposite from the claim on the packaging, which isn’t surprising.

JNDEER

WKR
Thanks. Interesting. Exactly opposite from the claim on the packaging, which isn’t surprising.
I don't have pages of data on it, but if you want quiet the Hybrid vane is quieter than the stealth (same gr arrow with a FP). No data on durability of either.

I watched some little dude run with cam hanes... some elk guy on youtube. Anyways next day youtube recommend his video with a archery guy talking with IW and discussing BH's. This guy- podium something on youtube I have watched a few of his videos and he praises that jig. I have done some testing on it and it is quieter then most other jigs and sometimes sounds as quiet as my tested quietest set up.

All testing is with persons at various ranges downrange.

MattB

WKR
If arrows fletched with the EZ Fletches are marginally louder or not, I don't care. I have two mini's and can fletch a dozen arrows in 15-20 minutes. Can't think of a better investment in terms of time savings - love those things.

BullsDeep

Lil-Rokslider
I use the ez fletch with max stealth vanes on micro diameter arrows. Great arrow flight.

ncavi8tor

WKR
I fletched my RIP TKOs this year with Max Stealth Vanes in the MiniMax Jig. I love the helical and they fly beautifully out to 80 yards so far. They are much more quiet than the same arrows with Blazers fletched in the Mini Jig.

NC

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

bow puller

Lil-Rokslider
Stealths are noticeably quieter than the hunters. Been using mini max jig + stealths since it came out and love it.

Stealths with all that helical are silent compared to 1° factory fletched blazers.

dj1975232

Lil-Rokslider
I use that exact setup. EZ fletch mini right helical with white AAE Max Stealth. Super easy and shoots great on my Apollos. I’ve never noticed them to be any louder than any other vanes I’ve used. Definitely don’t forget the activator pen for the AAE vanes though. Makes a difference.

Zac

WKR
More helical will always equal more noise. However as noted above, the biggest noise interference is usually vane height. More noise equals more stabilization. Cody Greenwood has tested this significantly. I believe what he came up with was 3 Stealth's at a 1 degree offset was the quietest setup he could find. I don't know how much more, yet the sound signature rose when going from offset to helical. Sound also increased as offset and helical increased. This is not surprising if you realize that drag equals noise. More drag more noise.

Last edited:

JjamesIII

WKR
I have tested a bunch of vane configurations for broadheads. My experience confirmed what I read from Easton archery- modest helical (3 degrees on a LCA vane master pro jig) gave me good stabilization. When I went with extreme helical, groups were tight, but drop was more significant at 60+ yards. If you don’t intend to shoot beyond 60 yards, you won’t notice much.
I personally don’t see the need to go with any helical more than the 3 degrees. Slow motion film showed me the arrows are spinning at a very high rpm, I don’t see any advantage to spinning an arrow even faster.

alabamahunt

Lil-Rokslider
I had rip TKO’s fletched with blazers &whatever offset they come with from the factory and was complaining to my buddy about them being so loud he said to buy some of the max stealths so I put them on with a mini max and they seem significantly quieter. Maybe it’s the vane maybe it’s the helical don’t know. What I do know is they are much quieter and seem more forgiving with a broadhead