A win for the good guys in WY.

Rick M.

WKR
I'm really glad these guys got busted, but the punishment is simply not enough. The mounts on that shed require many thousands of dollars alongside years and years of applying. The amount of trophy game animals these guys poached is maddening. I also hope that every other state is coordinated banning these guys, and not just Wyoming. Everything in their possession that could be used for hunting or fishing should be confiscated and auctioned. 50 days in jail almost encourages shitty people to believe the juice is worth the squeeze. It's a slap on the hand.

Does Wyoming do any auctions for their once in lifetime species tags? If so, the fines for those should equal the highest bid for that tag. For instance, last year in my state the auctioned sheep tag went for $345k.
Hang on,

345k for a tag? The sheep have gold teeth?

Ucsdryder

WKR
It doesn’t sound like they did anything illegal other than use Wyoming as their residency because they own property there. Did I miss something? I’m not saying that’s OK but I guess I don’t see you at the same as somebody spotlighting deer, shooting deer out of season, and dropping the heads off, poaching in a national park, etc.

Flyjunky

WKR
It doesn’t sound like they did anything illegal other than use Wyoming as their residency because they own property there. Did I miss something? I’m not saying that’s OK but I guess I don’t see you at the same as somebody spotlighting deer, shooting deer out of season, and dropping the heads off, poaching in a national park, etc.
Illegal is illegal, and as such paints all hunters in a bad light. It’s just more fuel anti’s can use against all of us, just like a crazy person shooting up a crowd paints all gun owners as bad in their eye.

TreeWalking

Lil-Rokslider
A tag was stolen. If they hacked into the F&G computer and issued themselves of a tag would it be no big deal since had some land in WY?

I mean, if I sleep with the wife of your neighbor, it is not like I did anything illegal. Sure, I got to play in a "draw pool" where I paid less than the neighbor and was a trophy wife to boot. I guess you should say I was in the wrong unit so, really, no harm no foul, right if I own a house in that town. Heck, the friendship of his wife is unlimited so I did not even misappropriate a tag out of the drawing pool. And yet, seems a pretty big deal to the husband. He still, hypothetically, is butt sore.

A tag was stolen. If they hacked into the F&G computer and issued themselves of a tag would it be no big deal since had some land in WY?

I mean, if I sleep with the wife of your neighbor, it is not like I did anything illegal. Sure, I got to play in a "draw pool" where I paid less than the neighbor and was a trophy wife to boot. I guess you should say I was in the wrong unit so, really, no harm no foul, right if I own a house in that town. Heck, the friendship of his wife is unlimited so I did not even misappropriate a tag out of the drawing pool. And yet, seems a pretty big deal to the husband. He still, hypothetically, is butt sore.
Hey, ain't my honeyhole..you do you, hypothetically

I'm really glad these guys got busted, but the punishment is simply not enough. The mounts on that shed require many thousands of dollars alongside years and years of applying. The amount of trophy game animals these guys poached is maddening. I also hope that every other state is coordinated banning these guys, and not just Wyoming. Everything in their possession that could be used for hunting or fishing should be confiscated and auctioned. 50 days in jail almost encourages shitty people to believe the juice is worth the squeeze. It's a slap on the hand.

When hunting (or fishing, trapping, etc.) privileges are revoked in one state the Interstate Wildlife Violator Compact (IWVC) comes into play and those privileges are revoked in 49 of the 50 states. Only Hawaii is not a member of the IWVC.

ClearCreek

Johnny Tyndall

Lil-Rokslider
That News 9 article lists dozens of violations, far beyond falsification of address.

Pretty good deal for those guys. Hunt whatever you want, whenever you want in Wyoming for 2 decades for the cost of a couple of guided sheep trips.

Rick M.

WKR
When hunting (or fishing, trapping, etc.) privileges are revoked in one state the Interstate Wildlife Violator Compact (IWVC) comes into play and those privileges are revoked in 49 of the 50 states. Only Hawaii is not a member of the IWVC.

ClearCreek
Thanks for educating me on this. This is a good system.

mtwarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
Looks like Wyoming should steal a page from Montana and get a wildlife felony statue on the books. It has a high threshold, but can put characters like this away for longer than a year.

Oh and they are now felons which has long laundry list of bad stuff that goes with it.

Not the case, there were bighorns and moose poached without a license.

mtwarden

Super Moderator
Staff member

killing a big game animal without license is a pretty big deal in my book; fraudulently purchasing a resident license is no different than not having a license