A Shiras September

Congrats, thanks for the awesome write up. Glad you were able to get co bull before the wolves. Piss on everyone who voted for that.

Can you PM me what you think will be winning Powerball numbers? Luck was on your side it sounds like.

OP
TXCO

TXCO

WKR
Congrats, thanks for the awesome write up. Glad you were able to get co bull before the wolves. Piss on everyone who voted for that.

Can you PM me what you think will be winning Powerball numbers? Luck was on your side it sounds like.

Haha lots of people have told me to buy lotto tickets or go to vegas. Sadly i didnt win any of the billion dollar jackpots from this summer or fall.

Ill add, these were the first random tags Ive drawn besides low end NM deer tags in my life. Every other tag Ive drawn has been on preference points. It takes patience and stubbornness.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DiabeticKripple

Lil-Rokslider
great write up, great pics and it looks like a blast of a hunt!

im fortunate that I can hunt moose every year up here. I have only done one hunt before but I would like to start venturing into it more since Elk are also general in the same area. Can hunt both at the same time.

chindits

WKR
Congrats on the double harvest. That ID bull is one of a kind. I never want to manpack a moose again let alone two in the same year.

PlumberED

WKR
Classified Approved
Congrats on two nice bulls. I’m particularly impressed with the bow kill. Looks like a lot of work to handle the moose after he is down.

OP
TXCO

TXCO

WKR
Oh and the Colorado bull was the one we found scouting on Thursday.

CHL

Lil-Rokslider
Pretty awesome and congrats on both bulls. You definitely must be livin’ right man!

OP
TXCO

TXCO

WKR
Great write up. Can share your thoughts on moose meat, particularly as it relates to elk?

Its been very good so far. No deer type taste whatsoever, more of mild taste. Much leaner than I was expecting. Neither moose had much fat built up which really surprised me. I didnt get a chance to let either moose hang unfortunately which would have helped break it down some too. Being able to get big cuts compared to a deer or elk is really nice.

My wife and Is favorite game meat is pronghorn for reference.

letmwork

FNG
Its been very good so far. No deer type taste whatsoever, more of mild taste. Much leaner than I was expecting. Neither moose had much fat built up which really surprised me. I didnt get a chance to let either moose hang unfortunately which would have helped break it down some too. Being able to get big cuts compared to a deer or elk is really nice.

My wife and Is favorite game meat is pronghorn for reference.

I recognize that bull, your guide is my neighbor and he is great at getting people on Moose. Congrats on your success

Great write up! Thanks!

How’s the meat taste? Any distinctness you’ve noticed?