A Sad Sign of the Times...

TheGDog

WKR
Oh brother! A family friend of Mama's recently posted-up some pics from their fam enjoying Knott's "Scary Farm", like many people do around here in the OC, around this time of year.

Saw this.. and MAN, just had to let out a big Sigh.... and just SMDH...

This country is getting soo Soft!!!

It's like.. "I wanna be scared. But don't you dare do it without telling me what's coming!" WHAT!?

TriggerWarning.jpg

Blame the lawyers.

Anyone who needs to go to these haunted attractions to be terrified should just pay attention to the current state of the world instead.

I live near the Field of Screams in Lancaster PA and you wouldn't believe the amount of people that travel in from all over the country for it. Makes no sense at all to me.

TSAMP

WKR
Are we going to breeze over the you WILL be shot with projectiles that will leave welts and bruises?

Call me soft but I'm not paying money for that.

I've been to two of these so far. They aren't allowed to touch you, don't touch them. They are for the kids and should be that way in my opinion.

Glendon Mullins

Hillbilly Moderator
Staff member
Are we going to breeze over the you WILL be shot with projectiles that will leave welts and bruises?

Call me soft but I'm not paying money for that.

I've been to two of these so far. They aren't allowed to touch you, don't touch them. They are for the kids and should be that way in my opinion.
Not to mention the electrical shock???? lol

Marbles

WK Donkey
Classified Approved
How is a warning a sign of people being soft? The sad sign of the times is this thread, seriously, who cares? If you like stupid stuff like that, how does the sign ruin it?

The sign could be intended to increase anxiety, and bring people in, the type of people who find fake thrills that don't require any skill enjoyable probably read that and get more of an ego boost from going through it.

dylanvb

Lil-Rokslider
I am curious if this is for the park in general or just a certain area?

They could have a certain part of the park that is more extreme in the interaction and that's where this sign is posted? IDK food for thought.

JustinNC

FNG
Call me soft but there's no less than half a dozen deal breakers on there for me if it's a legit warning and not just an anxiety creator or sarcasm. I appreciate the advertisement. Just jump out and holler "boo" with some blood on you or something.

On a different note, I about ruined some boxers when I was 15. We were in Louisville KY for the FFA National Convention. We went to a haunted house while we were there. I was wearing a hat (ball cap) like I always do, and there was a section they were funneling people through a room, along a wall. Stobes flashing, the whole bit, and a dude in a mask was beating the wall we were walking along, in between people. Idk if I was walking too fast or his timing was too slow but the hit that came between me and the person in front of me, turned my hat sideways.

Wasn't scary in the "boo!" sense of the word, but knowing that aluminum ball bat that was leaving dings in the plywood affixed to the wall was within an inch of my head was rather unsettling. :D

If I am not mistaken, this sign is for a Haunted House portion of the park. People literally pay to go be scared, but now, you need to post a sign warning them of what they will be scared with. Pretty sure that is the point the OP was making.

And yes, the ONLY reason for lawyers IS lawyers.

I went to one a few years back with my niece and nephew, just to be a supportive uncle. Mostly just run of the mill black lights, shrieking, big furry spiders, guys with rubber axes. None of that alarmed me. But then we went in a room where they had a laser/ mirror ball making all kinds of tiny glowing figures on the black walls… so far so good. There were kids in there dressed in all black suits and it was startling as hell when they appeared out of the void really close to you. I instinctively drew back and came close to punching the first one because it startled me pretty good.

If you’ve experienced fog, lasers, dizziness, overexcitement, loud noises, strobe, lighting, foul language, and smells…. You may be entitled to compensation.!!