A Rokslide Sponsor Deleted My Review On Social Media

LoneStar

Lil-Rokslider
One of the forum sponsors on this site has recently been promoting their products on social media and I provided feedback (both good and bad) on their product. They deleted my first response and I re-posted it only to be blocked from their account. I guess honest feedback is not what they wanted to hear. Is it OK to post the review/feedback on here?

Mag_7s

WKR
I am also interested to find out. If a company is only interested in sales and not providing the best product to their consumer base then that is something I would like to steer clear of.

207-12A

Lil-Rokslider
Share it. I almost never leave reviews on company's home websites, but did so back in the early First Lite days on a product I really liked but thought could be better with a few tweaks. I received an email asking some clarifying questions, and thanking me for the review. They've since updated the design - not that I take even a shred of credit for that - and it sort of set the standard for how I feel a company should engage with users.

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
One of the forum sponsors on this site has recently been promoting their products on social media and I provided feedback (both good and bad) on their product. They deleted my first response and I re-posted it only to be blocked from their account. I guess honest feedback is not what they wanted to hear. Is it OK to post the review/feedback on here?
You need to reword the title, sounds like we deleted one of your posts.

S-3 ranch

WKR
Cough it up , who’s the culprit

2ski

WKR
I would be curious for you to leave the review but with out identifying details. Then we decide if it was written in good taste or over the top. After that you let us know who it is.

And as Ryan said, change the title.

OP
L

LoneStar

Lil-Rokslider
I would be curious for you to leave the review but with out identifying details. Then we decide if it was written in good taste or over the top. After that you let us know who it is.

And as Ryan said, change the title.
Screenshot 2023-02-20 073054.jpg

Original post that I first replied to was about the boots lasting for several years and the person wanting to have them re-soled. I didn't mean to stir anything up on this site and was only sharing a personal experience with the product. I also think if a company is going to promote how good their product is, they should also accept negative feedback and not delete/block it! If all business' did this everybody would have 5 star ratings on review sites.

If I was out of line with the post in the image above, I'll just let it be.

BBob

WKR
If I was out of line with the post in the image above, I'll just let it be.
I see nothing wrong with what you reported. It doesn’t read like you had an axe to grind or anything but just reporting your experience. They should have handled it and not accused you of leaving something out.

Unfortunately in my experience waterproof liners are a giant crap shoot. I’ve had some do well but lots that have failed in the last 40 years.

OP
L

LoneStar

Lil-Rokslider
I see nothing wrong with what you reported. It doesn’t read like you had an axe to grind or anything but just reporting your experience. They should have handled it and not accused you of leaving something out.

Unfortunately in my experience waterproof liners are a giant crap shoot. I’ve had some do well but lots that have failed in the last 40 years.
Exactly, my comment as well "luck of the draw".

nobody

WKR
I'm pretty sure I know who this is based upon some other context clues, and if my hunch is correct, it's totally ridiculous they would delete that. They would be the last company I would expect to have that attitude.

Makes me rethink who/where I purchase my boots.

Scoot

WKR
L&S seems to get a lot of good reviews. I had one email interaction with them about a decade ago-- probably 3 emails sent by me and two responses from them. I was displeased with the interaction to the point where I decided I wouldn't do business with them in the future.

Will_m

WKR
I can't believe that guy thinks gore-tex are going to be any more waterproof than his leaking boots.

Beendare

WKR
I’m a guy like many of you all that have been wearing hunting boots for decades;

They all leak eventually. I met the Gore Tex rep at the Shot show decades ago…he said, yep…shock of shockers…everything wears out eventually. gore tex is good for a certain amount of flexes….about a good year in avg wear…then they can leak.

The same goes for any waterproof barrier. Then add that some of this failure is operator error….ie not maintaining the DWR finish on boots and Rain gear.

Even my Silicone solution I posted here many years ago to solve leaking boots can leak- mine failed at 2.5 years after the treatment- 4 year old boots, a record for me. BTW, Many guys told me they had great luck with that solution.

Yeah, some boots have a mnfr flaw…I had a set of Merril hikers that water just poured in the first time I put them on…but the next pair went almost a year as expected.

To me some of this is like my nieces friend; My engine blew up…..but they fail to mention it was out of oil