A revelation with my primer tube filler

11boo

WKR
IMG_8814.jpegIMG_8815.jpegBeen using a DAA vibratory tube filler for a few years now. Once you get the hang of it and hold it so the primers flow in single file, you’ll never hunt and peck again. I shoot a lot of pistol and load on Dillon’s.
Lately, my DAA has been kinda slow and balky. Having to tap on the lid to convince a stuck primer to continue its journey into the tube. Yesterday it was fighting me. So I stopped, dumped all the primers and examined it carefully. Fully convinced that a small burr or something had formed in the chute. Nothing found. It had worked well for years.
Had some case lube wax and Q tips handy, so I cleaned and waxed the primer chute area. That was the revelation. Waxing plastic parts is almost magic. Refilled it and those primers went down the tube like a river. It takes longer to flip them than fill a tube.
In case you are wondering what I’m talking about…..just the smooth area, not the flip side.

I’m cleaning the pick up and feed tube’s yearly, just never thought about the filler. I don’t wax the tubes, they just work.

For anyone doing volume loading, these vibrational tube fillers are amazing, at least the double alpha academy one is.
IMG_5938.jpeg

Last edited:

Axlrod

WKR
Thanks for the tip! Mine isn't terrible, but not as good as I would like. When I first got the DAA it wouldn't work at all, so I had to do some sanding.