A health revolution brewing?

Now in my late 50s and having formerly worked in health care, i’ve anecdotally noticed a big uptick in chronic disease, immune disfunction, mental illness, and cancers, especially over the past 10-15 years. I’ve also been noticing these issues showing up in younger and younger people. (I now work with millennials and gen z). I have found this to be ironic in the face of all the medical advances that have taken place over the past couple of decades. My gut has been telling me something just isn’t adding up.

I recently stumbled upon an interview of a prominent physician who seems to have connected the dots related to the disconnects I was noticing. I’m half way through her book- Good Energy. Her name Casey Means.

Anyway, just throwing this resource on here in case you might be interested in an alternate view of how to address contemporary health needs that you or those you care about are dealing with. It’s revolutionizing my ideas of health and health care.

very Good listen everyone needs to listen to.
Great podcast everyone needs to listen to.
We have got to wake up to the system that’s rigged for superior weath for the gov,pharma and Innsurance companies.

I keep getting news of folks close or not close to me getting cancer. My dad died of lung and brain cancer this winter. I agree, we seem to be in a health decline.

Good thing we keep getting more and more regulations every day that seem to keep us…healthier?

TaperPin

WKR
Other than the friends and acquaintances that were killed outright by Covid, long Covid is definitely a real thing. Two out of eight coworkers have long lasting brain fog that has effected how well they do at work slightly. Makes sense kids are having similar reactions. I have yet to know anyone with brain fog or any bad reaction from a Covid shot, so it will be interesting as information comes out later this decade to look back at what we should have been doing…

blackdawg

WKR
Learning to read labels has helped me discover the incredible number of unhealthy products created by our food system. Everything, even what should be natural food and healthy for you in a package deserves a quick label review. I like to use the coloring in farm raised salmon as an example, coloring is added to turn the farm raised salmon orange rather than it's normal grey color in an attempt to simulate wild caught salmon as an example of food that is marketed as a healthy food, but could be as toxic as Cheetos.

yfarm

WKR
Colon cancer was a disease of the 60 and 70 y/os, now the gi people are seeing it in the 40s and upper 30s, one c&r surgeons opinion was a diet from childhood of highly processed foods. None of his young patients have a personal or family polyposis history.

It’s difficult for average people to find real food, let alone afford the monetary AND time costs.

It’s not surprising, it’s more likely that it’s all by design. The garbage/cheap food is addicting (profit). It causes ailments that the overwhelming majority take 30+ years to kill you (mega profits). Euthanasia will never be legal in this country, no the neutered versions don’t count (protected profits).

P Carter

WKR
I shy away from conspiracy theories - they just don’t seem to shake out, in my experience. That said, I would agree there’s a confluence of business, govt, and consumer demand that is leading to absolutely terrible amounts of avoidable metabolic diseases. And I’ve heard form multiple sources about the scary rates of cancers in younger folks, and have known several otherwise-healthy folks who’ve died in their late thirties and early forties from colon, pancreatic, and brain cancers.

I have read this book, but I will. Another two that appears to have similar themes is “burn” by Herman ponzer, a brief history of the human body by Daniel lieberman, and exercised by Daniel Lieberman. The concept of “energy toxicity” is a useful framework for looking at the issue, IMO. (FYI all these books are by academic, left-leaning types, and that comes through in the books, but if you’re capable of proceeding nonetheless i think they have very interesting perspectives.)

I cut out the same things. I quickly lost 20lbs and don't eat any less, just better.
Yep. I definitely don’t eat any less lol I eat a lot. I almost immediately lost a waist size and a couple pounds but I was already skinny. Went from a 32 waist to 30. Now it’s even harder to find clothes that fit…Losing weight was not at all my intention. Just wanted to be healthier and have more energy.

mt terry d

WKR
Shoot2HuntU
Other than the friends and acquaintances that were killed outright by Covid, long Covid is definitely a real thing. Two out of eight coworkers have long lasting brain fog that has effected how well they do at work slightly. Makes sense kids are having similar reactions. I have yet to know anyone with brain fog or any bad reaction from a Covid shot, so it will be interesting as information comes out later this decade to look back at what we should have been doing…

My wife and I have several friends and acquaintances who have or had issues from the shot; several with heart issues, typically slow moving cancers that advance quickly; not to mention all the miscarriages and strange menstrual effects to young women. Many have associated it directly to the shot themselves.

I had covid once. Wasn't bad. No after effects.