A good battery jump starters

Use the search function and you will find a few threads on the subject. Here is one of them.

BigE

Lil-Rokslider
That older thread didn't mention this brand which also wasn't reviewed earlier. I have an older version the XP10 HD and it has been great.
XP-20 HD

BBob

WKR
I have a big NOCO so I have enough for the diesel. Works like it should and the quality is good. I have several of their maintenance chargers for vehicles and equipment and they’ve been good to.

Reactions: scp

scp

Lil-Rokslider
I have a big NOCO so I have enough for the diesel. Works like it should and the quality is good. I have several of their maintenance chargers for vehicles and equipment and they’ve been good to.

Second this. I’ve rigged NOCO pigtails to my snowmachine and ATV batteries so it’s super easy access for jump starting and battery maintenance. I carry a GB40 for trail-side battery jump use, and a big jump pack in my truck that I’m pretty sure can start a tank.

Noco user here. We have the smaller Gb40 and the larger GB70. Super easy to use and so handy to have.

If not in a rush watch Amazon they go on good sales a few times a year.

CorbLand

WKR
I bought the Audew and it worked great this winter. Had to use it a couple times during the cold snaps we had and it never failed me.

rayporter

WKR
harbor freight had one of the big tallj ones on sale, so i got one of those and it will jump the car plus it has a 21 amp battery which runs a cpap for three nights.

Poser

WKR
I bought a new one back at the end of 2022. It’s a NextPOW 2000. I believe it was recommended by Scott Kilmer. I charged it after receiving it and out it in my truck until today (end of May -5+ months through a cold winter). This thread reminded me to charge it. It’s still 90%.

I make it a point to have 2 of these. One gets retired eventually and, I buy a new one and the others gets kicked down to a backup. 1. I park in some remote areas. 2. Everything I’ve read is that you should absolutely not bring jumping people off with modern vehicles as the risk for electrical damage is too great. That being the case, having 2 on hand makes sense.

rayporter

WKR
i had a controller go out on the diesel after a jump down in Florida the day we were leaving for Arkansas.
expensive. this was before the compact jump starters.

what makes the jump starters safe? or safer?

McCrapper

Lil-Rokslider
The Audew works, I’ve used it on everything from diesel trucks to a Lamborghini to my old crappy lawnmower.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Poser

WKR
i had a controller go out on the diesel after a jump down in Florida the day we were leaving for Arkansas.
expensive. this was before the compact jump starters.

what makes the jump starters safe? or safer?

The problem with modern vehicles is the sheer amount and complexity of the electronics, so you get 2 alternators cycling simultaneously and you can really end up doing some damage to these systems.

Not that matters for those who have been around the block, but the jumper batteries won’t work unless you connect them correctly, so your dude-bro teenage son, your sorority-girl daughter or your latte-sipping wife can’t blow up the battery in their Subaru Crosstrek by crossing the cables.

This is what auto auctions use all across the country. I’ve used 2 and never let me down. They also sell HD models for heavy equipment.

Jump-N-Carry or JNC.

Manheim, Adessa, etc.

About $150 but worth it.

5924b83f6e3fbef1c3b9f3e4d3526373.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk