84-1 Wyoming

Murph1

Lil-Rokslider
So I screwed up and chose the wrong hunt. I drew an elk tag for 84-1 in Wyoming which is private land only in an area southwest of Jackson. Does anyone know of a way to get access or an outfitter with access to lands in that area? Any ideas would be appreciated. The hunt is for any elk Nov 1 to Jan 31. Thanks in advance

Maverick1

WKR
We don't talk about units because it is against the forum rules.

Perhaps you could check with @Rock-o to see how his situation is playing out. Seems like he has the same issue. Maybe you could go hunting together this fall?! (Would you want to go hunting with a guy that screwed up his application and drew the wrong tag, though?)

FAAFO

FNG
There are no outfitters targeting this tag that I’m aware of. Access isn’t really an issue but talk to the game warden.

7RemMag

FNG
The Wyoming Game and Fish website can sometimes be a good way to locate landowners willing to allow hunters. Someone can feel free to correct me if I’m wrong, but any time you see “walk-in hunting” areas, I believe that is considered private land also?

mntnguide

WKR
Call the Wheeldon's at Mill Iron Ranch. Great family, but still going to be tough when its just a private land tag, but thats about the only choice id suggest you try. All the Snake River bottom lands are owned by the rich, and they could care less about your mistake.

Rock-o

WKR
We don't talk about units because it is against the forum rules.

I don't think my post violated any rules. And if it did then I suppose moderators would have dealt with it, but it's still up and available for response, no moderator reached out to me, nor did I get booted.

Perhaps you could check with @Rock-o to see how his situation is playing out. Seems like he has the same issue. Maybe you could go hunting together this fall?! (Would you want to go hunting with a guy that screwed up his application and drew the wrong tag, though?)

Thanks to Six Degrees of Kevin Bacon I have one solution in the works and likely a second. In talking with the first person I learned there were several people that mistakenly drew this new tag. And the person I spoke to thinks maybe it was a system issue - I simply chalked it up to my mistake and there's no way for me to prove otherwise. Either way, I can still hunt (well, "hunt"). My last resort is I have a disabled Vet lined up should I opt out of using the tag myself. Doing something nice for somebody is not so bad. But, hey, you're perfect so none of this matters to you.