7mm Rem Mag Twist Rate & Grain Weight Concerns

ach9820

FNG
Hey y'all. New to Rokslide (I got so tired of the vibes over on Reddit), so thanks in advance for y'all's time.

I'm in the market for a Bergara B14 Ridge in 7mm Rem Mag - offered with a 1:9.5 twist rate. Here's what I'm getting hung up on: bullet stability for those longer bullets like the 155gr Terminal Ascent or the 150gr Barnes TTSX. Does anyone have experience shooting these with the same twist rate?

My Tikka has the same twist rate. I shoot 160+ cup and core bullets out of it just fine. I don’t think you will have a problem.

idahodave

WKR
I’m loading 168 Bergers out of a Tikka 7 rem mag for my hunting partner with factory mags…works fantastic.

Dave

farmermail

Lil-Rokslider
150 to 160 solids will shoot with a 1 to 9.5. One might have to adjust the load to get them to group, but they will stabilize just fine.

Flazyj

FNG
I think the standard rem 700 have that twist and it’s always worked for my 140-162 gr needs.

waspocrew

WKR
Barnes has load data for the 7RM with the 150 TTSX and I believe the test rifle had the same twist. You should be good to go.

Ben_H

FNG
It’s funny you post this. I’m new here as well, but I actually have a Bergara B14 Wilderness ridge with 1:9.5 twist. I have used it with Factory Federal terminal ascent 155’s. It also shoots 180grain nosler partitions, Barnes VRX 160’s and Federals with Hornaday ELDX 163’s good too. I want to part ways with it because of my recent custom build…..even have some extras with it. Southern Indiana…

Hey y'all. New to Rokslide (I got so tired of the vibes over on Reddit), so thanks in advance for y'all's time.

I'm in the market for a Bergara B14 Ridge in 7mm Rem Mag - offered with a 1:9.5 twist rate. Here's what I'm getting hung up on: bullet stability for those longer bullets like the 155gr Terminal Ascent or the 150gr Barnes TTSX. Does anyone have experience shooting these with the same twist rather

I'm in the market for a Bergara B14 Ridge in 7mm Rem Mag - offered with a 1:9.5 twist rate. Here's what I'm getting hung up on: bullet stability for those longer bullets like the 155gr Terminal Ascent or the 150gr Barnes TTSX. Does anyone have experience shooting these with the same twist rate?
I have some TTSX 140 for my 7 Weatherby mag and they have hammered the deer, but I’m no great shot! Have you considered Berger VLD 168g?