7mm Rem Mag Powder Question

Another suggestion is to grab some bullets and powders that are available and get some more time in at the range. IMR4350 is pretty common and surely you can find some Hornady or Sierra bullets in that weight class. If it’s a new rifle keep an eye out for a jump in speed after 70 rounds or so. Good luck and agree with the guys above on H4831, Retumbo, and H1000. I’ve got some great loads in my 7RM in IMR4350 too.

I don't know what distances you're shooting but I'd stick with your second IMR load. Reason being, there's some calculator out there that you can put in your average group size, SD velocity and intended target size (i.e. kill zone) then calculate a hit %. I remember when I was looking, SD played a much more significant role in hit % than group size and your load is already showing sub MOA. I'd say roll with it

Harvey_NW

WKR
Classified Approved
Really not enough data to tell you anything besides either one might work. I would personally put my faith in H1000 because it's an extreme powder and should be less sensitive than 7828, and usually doesn't pressure out as fast in the 7 mag. Also cooler burning, less throat erosion, better case fill, etc. IMHO you need to pick a method and roll with it, but either way you need to do some more shooting. I personally agree with the guys saying jump them, because you'll usually be able to find a large and consistent accuracy window with more jump, like .050"-.100". If you really want to save components only load 3 shot groups and focus hard on fundamentals. If the first 2 don't group well, don't even shoot the 3rd. 3 shots may not be statistically valid to determine if you've found a load or not, but 2 solid shots that don't group tells you that's likely not your combo.

JLW66

FNG
Tikka T3 SS with a Leupold VX5HD on top.
These loads are better than MOA in my gun.
160 Nosler Partition RL 19 - 61.5gr or RL 22 - 63.2gr
168gr Nosler Accubond LR H1000 69.0grs 3.29" coal
168gr Berger VLD Hunting H1000 70.0 3.29" coal
i have never had much luck with 7828, but it could be me.
I have had good results with H4831SC in other magnums, 300 WM with 200gr Nosler Partitions.
Best of luck to you.

Calbuck

WKR
You guys prob shoot your barrel out at the range. I load 162 eldx over RL22 @ 62.5 gr and haven't missed a deer or elk yet. And they died, out to 410 yards so far. If I don't have RL22 I go to IMR 4831 and get similar results with that load. Overthinking gets expensive.