#7 Tripods: the best accessory

OP
hereinaz

hereinaz

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Well @hereinaz I haven't ever shot off a RRS, but I did shoot off my Leofoto/Field Optics setup and it is a great balance between size and stability. Sitting with only the first section extended, it was solid. Standing it takes a little more work, but that was a compromise I was willing to make to not carry around a massive tripod. I've got less than $400 in it total and a little time making an adapter.

I think I might attach a tiny ball head to my bino adapter and leave it all together to drop into the Arca clamp. Ill have to play around with it.
You have a great system, and likely won't need an upgrade. Field Research has some good stuff.

mtwarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
Thanks for all the info!

I’ve been using a relatively light (and relatively sturdy) carbon Sirui tripod with ball head paired with my binos- I’m now a full convert on glassing with a tripod!

I figured I’m carrying the tripod anyways, would be silly not to try and incorporate it with shooting as well. So ordered an Arca plate that I’ll install somewhere close to the balancing point of the rifle.

I have a pretty nice pan head, but don’t often carry it due to weight over the ball head. Is there any advantages shooting wise with ball head vs pan head?

Thanks

OP
hereinaz

hereinaz

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Thanks for all the info!

I’ve been using a relatively light (and relatively sturdy) carbon Sirui tripod with ball head paired with my binos- I’m now a full convert on glassing with a tripod!

I figured I’m carrying the tripod anyways, would be silly not to try and incorporate it with shooting as well. So ordered an Arca plate that I’ll install somewhere close to the balancing point of the rifle.

I have a pretty nice pan head, but don’t often carry it due to weight over the ball head. Is there any advantages shooting wise with ball head vs pan head?

Thanks
Ballhead is the way to go. Panhead works only on swivel and rotate up and down.