7-pin Sight

I have a Real Deal. Can anyone steer me in the right direction? I sight in at 20-80 yards. How do you guys shoot beyond that? I had a Hogg Father with 3 pins and used the bottom pin for 40 and out distance. BUT, I didn't like the sight. As awesomely rugged as Spot Hogg is, the lockdown always rattled loose on me (Ultratec Spiral X bow) and I felt that it stuck out and I just knew I would break it somehow. What is the trick for shooting longer ranges? Is there a topic on this already that I missed?

Slim Jim

WKR
Try 30-90. You only have to shoot about a fist low for 20 using your 30 pin and you should be good out to about 93 with last pin shooting just over

OP
Brandon Pattison
Did you use allen lockdown or did you use knob?

The windage lock screw would come loose constantly. I should have contacted SH but just sold it. Went with a Hunter and that broke but they were awesome to deal with. I now have the RD and it's tank proof.

Last year I had mine set for 30-80 and the last pin was bottomed out at 108 (for practice). Learned how to pin gap everything between 80 and 108 for target shooting.

Ethan S.

Lil-Rokslider
I know it can get kinda expensive but one option is to get a second sight. I got an Axcel Armortech and an Armortech Pro. I leave the dovetail bracket from the Pro on my bow and then switch out the sight housings depending on what I am doing. I have a five pin that I use for practice(80-120) and then a seven pin for hunting(20-70)

Latest posts

Featured Video

Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
wildmeadows