6X Binoculars

Whip

WKR
I had a pair of Vortex Viper HD 6x32s that I really liked, unfortunately I lost the focus knob somehow. I sent them in for repair but since Vortex no longer makes that model they didn't have the part and ended up sending me a brand new pair of Viper HD 8x42. (Great warranty & customer service by the way!) While they seem like a nice set of binos I really liked my old 6X. I've already got a pair of Swaro 8.5x42 for my more serious stuff.

Thinking about selling the Viper 8x42 and getting what I really want. I like the Maven 6x30 but they are currently out of stock. What else should I be looking at?

Blue72

WKR
Mi have both the maven and kowa

the maven has better edge to edge quality

the Kowa are sharper, brighter, and wider in view

I had a pair of Vortex Viper HD 6x32s that I really liked, unfortunately I lost the focus knob somehow. I sent them in for repair but since Vortex no longer makes that model they didn't have the part and ended up sending me a brand new pair of Viper HD 8x42. (Great warranty & customer service by the way!) While they seem like a nice set of binos I really liked my old 6X. I've already got a pair of Swaro 8.5x42 for my more serious stuff.

Thinking about selling the Viper 8x42 and getting what I really want. I like the Maven 6x30 but they are currently out of stock. What else should I be looking at?
I have the Maven 6x30 and did a first impressions review on them. You can get them when they are out of stock by ordering custom (that’s what I did). You don’t have to change much and it doesn’t cost much more. I think you can keep them exactly the same and just get your name engraved on them for an extra $20. I got mine way faster than expected. I also really like that they are made in the USA with Japanese glass. If that’s important to you. It is to me. I have not had these hunting yet, just looking at stuff in the desert from my back yard & stuff.

Edit: I just looked at the website. Engraving is $30 and it looks like even the customs aren’t available until late July.

Last edited: