6mm ARC Velocities

TxLite

WKR
Didn’t see a threads specifically for 6 ARC, so figured I’d get this going for people to share velocities and barrel lengths on their 6 ARC. This should help folks get a baseline of what to expect when they are considering building one.

16” Proof stainless AR barrel, suppressor, factory ammo. Accuracy was about equal between the factory 108 eldm and factory 103 eldx. These are the first shots down the barrel so I am expecting them to speed up and settle in a little.

IMG_9927.jpeg

IMG_9957.png
IMG_9961.jpeg
IMG_9962.jpeg
IMG_9963.jpeg

KyleR1985

WKR
In.

Have a 6ARC upper on the way. And 500 95gr tmk’s. Once I get through the 3 boxes of 108’s I’ll hand load those.

Looking to set up no nonsense 300 and in deer gun for all the states I hunt. And one my kids can shoot without blinking.

OP
TxLite

TxLite

WKR
Looking to set up no nonsense 300 and in deer gun for all the states I hunt. And one my kids can shoot without blinking.
That was the same goal I had but 500. Should be right there with the 16”

Haven’t decided if I will hand load for it yet. Time has been hard to find for it lately and this factory ammo seems to shoot well enough. Kept the brass just in case.

KyleR1985

WKR
What suppressor?
That was the same goal I had but 500. Should be right there with the 16”

Haven’t decided if I will hand load for it yet. Time has been hard to find for it lately and this factory ammo seems to shoot well enough. Kept the brass just in case.

The Guide

WKR
I have a Howa Mini 6 ARC with the 22" sporter barrel. Bought a box of each available factory ammo last year. The 103 ELDX was the most accurate. Bought another box of the same lot and shot it a bit before hunting season ended. Got a Garmin Xero this spring and cronoed the ammo at 2724 fps. Found a case on sale and bought it. This lot was way slower at 2614 fps. Still accurate but much slower. I have not run the 108 ELDM or the 105 Black ammo over a crono yet.

I'll finish this ammo out and if I get the 95gr TMK bullets I ordered, I'll make a load with them. Hodgdonreloading.com shows the 95 TMK @ 2900+ fps with Lever and CFE 223 so it could be a perfect fit to make it a 700+ yard gun for my density altitude.

Jay

KyleR1985

WKR
I have a Howa Mini 6 ARC with the 22" sporter barrel. Bought a box of each available factory ammo last year. The 103 ELDX was the most accurate. Bought another box of the same lot and shot it a bit before hunting season ended. Got a Garmin Xero this spring and cronoed the ammo at 2724 fps. Found a case on sale and bought it. This lot was way slower at 2614 fps. Still accurate but much slower. I have not run the 108 ELDM or the 105 Black ammo over a crono yet.

I'll finish this ammo out and if I get the 95gr TMK bullets I ordered, I'll make a load with them. Hodgdonreloading.com shows the 95 TMK @ 2900+ fps with Lever and CFE 223 so it could be a perfect fit to make it a 700+ yard gun for my density altitude.

Jay

I called about my 95tmk order. It backed off my credit card. Same story about a glitch.

Glad I found some hiding in a mom and pop shop.

They seemed aware of the desire by the genpop for those bullets haha.

New Bear Creek 16” barrel in AR side charge upper. 108 ELDM factory. Shots 1-7 over the LabRadar averaged 2480 fps and my drops seemed to line up well to 571 yards.

I shot the 103 ELDx as well and agree accuracy was similar but didn’t put that velocity in my app because the 108 shot so well.