60x Customer Service

old_coyote

Lil-Rokslider
Interesting decision by 60x strings customer service this AM.

For context, I was considering giving 60x strings a try this year and figured I would jump on their Black Friday sale to pick some up. I attempted to check-out at 9:23pm PST and received the following message (see picture attached):

"The coupon code you entered expired on Nov 27th 2022 so it can't be used"

Strange, as it was still very much 11/27/22 where I was and there was no time zone referenced.

I figured, "great, it must be an error with EST vs PST and I will just screen shot this and call int he AM to see if they will honor it"... so I called this AM and they had absolutely no interest in honoring it, and the representative from 60x just kept saying "the sale expired on 11/27/22".
I asked the representative if she would like to check with anyone or if that was her/their final decision. And I was told, yes.

Again, an interesting decision by 60x.

As a small business owner myself I know that sales and customer service are the lifeblood of an organization. Maybe other Rokslider's can share their positive experiences with 60x customer service, because this has certainly soured my opinion.

Attachments

• 60x.jpg
    60x.jpg
    105 KB · Views: 50
I make my own so I cannot comment on their customer service but I will say they have always been helpful to those of us who build our own. if there were specs needed they were willing to share. if you would like to remedy that situation, I would jump over to archery talk and post this in the strings section. they frequent that site and would likely honor the sale price once some of the builders see it.
I suppose, depending on how you read it, something that expires on the 27th could mean that at 11:59 pm on the 26th the sale is over. maybe that's the way the rep interpreted it? either way, calling them out openly usually gets results so long as you do it nicely.

BBob

WKR
I've seen this a number of times where the sale ends lets say EST but isn't clarified anywhere. Kuiu clearly points out their sales end midnight PST (or something to that effect). I would think most sales should end on PST but I know that's not always the case.

OP
O

old_coyote

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks guys, I wanted to try them out because I have read lots of positive things about them on here. But I left that interaction feeling the same way I feel when I leave my local bow shop, haha! That is why I am doing my own strings in the first place.

It was between 60x and Catfish Customs, and I ordered a set from Catfish this afternoon... PST :)

Frankly, it is less about the monies and more about supporting a solid business. I try and earn my customers business everyday, so maybe I just think about these interactions a bit more than others.

you made a good choice with mike. hes a good guy and will actually talk to you if hes not too busy. his stings are great and he stands behind his product/customers.

fatlander

WKR
You’re not the only person who’s had CS issues with them. Many folks on archerytalk had issues with them but it would be quickly squashed as 60x was a site sponsor and friends of the site management.

I had a negative CS experience with them as well. Has serving separation from jump street on a brand new custom set of strings. They wouldn’t warranty them. Told me to pound sand.

OP made a great decision with Mike over at Catfish. He’s always done right by me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

60x strings are garbage. Not sure where you keep reading positive things about them. Not just garbage customer service but a garbage product. Catfish or threadz all day every day

Rob5589

WKR
Had one set from 60X, began unwinding after little use. They offered to let me buy a new set after refusing to honor their warranty. You didn't miss out, consider yourself lucky.

OP
O

old_coyote

Lil-Rokslider
Had one set from 60X, began unwinding after little use. They offered to let me buy a new set after refusing to honor their warranty. You didn't miss out, consider yourself lucky.
That was nice of them ;)

Sounds like this might have been a fortunate turn of events

I used 60x years ago and didn't have issues switched to catfish customs since Mike is only about an hour from me and have had great luck with them. Your in good hands

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

OR Archer

WKR
I’ve installed several sets. They’re one of the lowest quality “custom“ strings out there. Consider this a blessing

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
I’ve installed several sets. They’re one of the lowest quality “custom“ strings out there. Consider this a blessing
That's a shame, because they bought Proline several years ago and the Proline string set I bought before that was/is the best aftermarket string set I've ever had. I replaced that set after 7 years of lots of shooting and they were still in perfect condition.....other than a little dirty. I keep them as a backup set. I do have a set of 60x on one bow, but I haven't shot that bow much in the past several years.

Kblack58

FNG
Poor customer service and immediate serving separation with the 60x. You'll be happy with mikes strings.