60 inch club

For those of you that have hunted with 60 inch club, would really like to talk to some of you about experience, what you learned and do different next time. If you don’t mind, shoot me a message and will send you my contact info so you can call me when available. Appreciate it!!

thanks

I’ve been doing some homework on them also. Maybe we can all compare notes? I do have a colleague that used them 2yrs ago and they legitimately about died. Says it turned into a complete fight to stay alive.

montee77

FNG
We have a hunt planned with them 2022. So far the logistics have been a little bit of a pain. I think they have good reputation for getting guys on big moose. Feel free to private message me to discuss more.

I hunted with them 4 years ago and can’t say enough great things about Troy. I recently went on a different hunt and thru a series of unfortunate events couldn’t go with him again. I can tel you though that he had us ready to go with a mountain of information and we had an amazing hunt!

montee77

FNG
I hunted with them 4 years ago and can’t say enough great things about Troy. I recently went on a different hunt and thru a series of unfortunate events couldn’t go with him again. I can tel you though that he had us ready to go with a mountain of information and we had an amazing hunt!
Great to hear!

How does it work if someone is already hunting "your spot" when you fly out? It seems like selling a specific spot to hunt on public land is playing with fire. Especially in the day and age of google earth, forums, social media, personal aircraft, etc.

jb@work

FNG
We hunted with Troy and Linda this year. We had a great time, fishing was amazing and moose hunting was excellent. My brother and I both got a nice bull (see pics). I would book with them again in a second.

A couple things that I would say, Linda and Troy are very responsive and very helpful in the preparation for your hunt. As somebody mentioned above, this is public ground. If someone is in your location when you get there you have to have a Plan B. My opinion is they’ve done the scouting for you and they put in a location where they know hold moose. You were still responsible for the logistics, the hunt, the breakdown of the animal, and everything else that goes along with the DIY experience.

If you decide to go this route here are some things I would strongly encourage you to consider. Plan ahead! The logistics of this experience is the biggest headache. Think about everything, how are you going to get from the Fairbanks airport to your hotel? If you get a Moose and the bush pilot flies your moose back to Fairbanks, who is going to pick up your moose at the hanger, and where are they taking it? How do you plan on getting 650 pounds of moose and antlers home? Little things like this are what you need to think through. Linda and Troy have a lot of great suggestions with these items. Bring cash, and a fair amount of it. Looking back on our experience, our only frustration was the bush pilots that we dealt with. Wright air is a pain in the ass. Their communication while in the bush is awful. Once we got out of the bush, we told Troy I never use them again. That said, it’s still ended up OK. We got both moose and all of our gear home on schedule, it just was more of a headache than it should’ve been.

Feel free to send me a PM if you want to catch up further...Have a great fall! JB

Attachments

• AK_Jaybull2_resize.JPG
    AK_Jaybull2_resize.JPG
    608.1 KB · Views: 164
  • AK_JarrodBull_resize.JPG
    AK_JarrodBull_resize.JPG
    362.3 KB · Views: 164
OP
G
A buddy and I hunted one of his spots this year, and we took one bull between us. I was bow hunting and turned down a small 4 brow bull early in the hunt, and ate tag soup once a griz took over my buddy's bull carcass and shut down moose sightings. But, my buddy's now a 60 inch club life member.... (me posing w/his bull)

View attachment 333798
Troy's quick to answer emails and phone calls, which can be rare with many guides, transporters, and air taxi's. He has a wealth of knowledge about moose hunting and is patient. He's a hunt planner, and as such, isn't going to be there to meet you to help with ground work and logistics of gear & meat. He puts you in touch with the air taxi, isn't personally flying you. He sends a great hard bound book with lots info on your hunt area, FAI taxi's, lodging, shopping. He even sends a copy of the AK reg's with pertinent info marked up for you.

You need to actively plan for your hunt, but more importantly the logistics on both ends of your trip. Generally you'll have a year to work out the logistics, so don't procrastinate. Hotels, car or truck rental in FAI were over sold in September. Book things months out. Packing your own camp, dealing with 100's of lbs. of moose meat, storage, shippoing, processing, a head/rack alone that weighs maybe 60 lbs. or more, is physically challenging, and expensive, so its something to be mindful w/any trip, Troy or not.
A buddy and I hunted one of his spots this year, and we took one bull between us. I was bow hunting and turned down a small 4 brow bull early in the hunt, and ate tag soup once a griz took over my buddy's bull carcass and shut down moose sightings. But, my buddy's now a 60 inch club life member.... (me posing w/his bull)

View attachment 333798
Troy's quick to answer emails and phone calls, which can be rare with many guides, transporters, and air taxi's. He has a wealth of knowledge about moose hunting and is patient. He's a hunt planner, and as such, isn't going to be there to meet you to help with ground work and logistics of gear & meat. He puts you in touch with the air taxi, isn't personally flying you. He sends a great hard bound book with lots info on your hunt area, FAI taxi's, lodging, shopping. He even sends a copy of the AK reg's with pertinent info marked up for you.

You need to actively plan for your hunt, but more importantly the logistics on both ends of your trip. Generally you'll have a year to work out the logistics, so don't procrastinate. Hotels, car or truck rental in FAI were over sold in September. Book things months out. Packing your own camp, dealing with 100's of lbs. of moose meat, storage, shippoing, processing, a head/rack alone that weighs maybe 60 lbs. or more, is physically challenging, and expensive, so its something to be mindful w/any trip, Troy or not.
Like to discuss your hunt with you if I’m
We have a hunt planned with them 2022. So far the logistics have been a little bit of a pain. I think they have good reputation for getting guys on big moose. Feel free to private message me to discuss more.
Doesn’t appear I’m able to send you a PM yet. Maybe restricted until certain amount of posts. Do want to discuss

OP
G
We hunted with Troy and Linda this year. We had a great time, fishing was amazing and moose hunting was excellent. My brother and I both got a nice bull (see pics). I would book with them again in a second.

A couple things that I would say, Linda and Troy are very responsive and very helpful in the preparation for your hunt. As somebody mentioned above, this is public ground. If someone is in your location when you get there you have to have a Plan B. My opinion is they’ve done the scouting for you and they put in a location where they know hold moose. You were still responsible for the logistics, the hunt, the breakdown of the animal, and everything else that goes along with the DIY experience.

If you decide to go this route here are some things I would strongly encourage you to consider. Plan ahead! The logistics of this experience is the biggest headache. Think about everything, how are you going to get from the Fairbanks airport to your hotel? If you get a Moose and the bush pilot flies your moose back to Fairbanks, who is going to pick up your moose at the hanger, and where are they taking it? How do you plan on getting 650 pounds of moose and antlers home? Little things like this are what you need to think through. Linda and Troy have a lot of great suggestions with these items. Bring cash, and a fair amount of it. Looking back on our experience, our only frustration was the bush pilots that we dealt with. Wright air is a pain in the ass. Their communication while in the bush is awful. Once we got out of the bush, we told Troy I never use them again. That said, it’s still ended up OK. We got both moose and all of our gear home on schedule, it just was more of a headache than it should’ve been.

Feel free to send me a PM if you want to catch up further...Have a great fall! JB
Hey JB. Do want to discuss. I’m not able to PM you for some reason. If you don’t mind, pm me and I will send my contact info so we can catch-up when you have time. Great bulls. Thanks

I’ve been doing some homework on them also. Maybe we can all compare notes? I do have a colleague that used them 2yrs ago and they legitimately about died. Says it turned into a complete fight to stay alive.
My son and I will be hunting moose through 60 inch club in 2022 as well.
Thank you for the kind words we loved helping you guys on your last hunt and look forward to many more. We are all about helping folks to be successful and remove problems as they arise. There is nothing easy about hunting our wild areas however those places are where the truly giant animals live. Happy Hunting to all of you... Did you see the 74 inch bull the honey hole guys got?

Thank you for everything you mentioned, we really appreciate the kind words. Linda and I are glad you felt like you got more than you expected in information. We are always here to help…

montee77

FNG
Me and buddy hunted with 60" club this year had a great hunt, we killed a 74" & 52" bulls. A trip i will never forget. Feel free to private message me, i would be more than happy to share info.