6 ARC factory ammo measurement please

Can anyone out there get a measurement of the factory Hornady 6 ARC ammo? If you can get COAL and CBTO that would be great.

Thank you!

OP
NevadaMike
108 ELD-M and 103 ELD-X

I think I am dealing with a short throat on my rifle.

OP
NevadaMike
Both are 1.700 +/- 0.002 CBTO.
103 ELDX 2.250 COAL
108 ELDM 2.255 COAL
Thank you Jay. My Ruger Gen 2 is going back for a tune up. Here is what I get measuring my rifle.
108 ELD-M 1.4425
105 VLD-H 1.6161

Last edited:
Thank you Jay. My Ruger Gen 2 is going back for a tune up. Here is what I get measuring my rifle.
108 ELD-M 1.4425
105 VLD-H 1.6161
I’ve heard of that happing on some ruger 6 creed barrels too and I wonder how in the world they even have reamers with throats like that?

OP
NevadaMike
I’ve heard of that happing on some ruger 6 creed barrels too and I wonder how in the world they even have reamers with throats like that?
Good question. If I had to guess it is because they are cranking out thousands of them and the reamers just wear out. For $600 I will deal with it. Customer service was awesome and I had a return label pretty much instantly. I will report back with the results.

Good question. If I had to guess it is because they are cranking out thousands of them and the reamers just wear out. For $600 I will deal with it. Customer service was awesome and I had a return label pretty much instantly. I will report back with the results.

Good to hear they are taking care of you.

Im not a machinist and don’t know if they do it different on high production number factory barrels but I wouldn’t think the throating part of a reamer would wear to cut over 0.2” short of SAAMI. Maybe they throat in a different step and some get missed?

Fmuguira

FNG
That’s a huge difference in throat length. My Howa mini with 108 Eldm doesn’t touch lands til 2.340… obviously that doesn’t fit in mag so I jump them.

Berger 95 classic hunter touches at 2.225 and I load at 2.210… most accurate bullet in my gun and I ve tried a bunch.

OP
NevadaMike
I just got off the phone with Ruger for the second time. The first time they called and I was told they shot 20 rounds of match and it was shooting fine. When I explained the concern over the throat the rep said she would get back to me. She just called and said there was no "engraving" and the chamber was to SAAMI specifications. I could not get clarification if they actually measured it or not. Customer service has been kind and prompt. Well I guess for under $600 thats fair.

I have 50 loaded to my last measurement of 108 ELD-M and 105 VLD-H. I am just going to run through them to settle the barrel and clean it well. After I will take a good measurement and If still short I will load 20 each to book of Sierra, Berger, and Hornady of various grains from 95-108 and see what she likes best. I am going to add the 95 classic hunter as well. I will report back.