6.5 PRC Sporter Style Hunting Rifle no Can or Brake?

Anyone running a sporter style 6.5 PRC without a can or brake? I’m looking at getting a lightweight 6.5 PRC at 24” and running it without any muzzle devices. Kind of an old school style.

How’s the recoil?

OP
General RE LEE
Looking at a 6.5 CM myself and curious about any real need for a muzzle device. Recoil shouldn’t be a concern, correct?

Not at all. I hunted with a T3X Lite stainless 6.5 CM for several seasons. Miss that rifle for a pure hunting rig.

The Guide

WKR
I can give you my impression on my 22" PBB 6.5 PRC barrel tomorrow when I get my first shots through it. I have a 24" Tikka barrel on another action that I've only run a brake on due to the fact it came threaded but without a thread protector. With the brake, it is about like a 243 or a 6CM.

As far as the 6.5CM, we have have 3 that we shoot that have no muzzle devices. I shoot all 3 rifles for the users to verify groups on. None of them need a muzzle device to be easy to shoot sub MOA with factory ammo. These rifles have 22 and 24 inch barrels. If you are shooting a 16 to 18 inch barrel, it gets a little sporty but not in recoil but muzzle blast noise.

Jay

Anyone running a sporter style 6.5 PRC without a can or brake? I’m looking at getting a lightweight 6.5 PRC at 24” and running it without any muzzle devices. Kind of an old school style.

How’s the recoil?

Looking at a 6.5 CM myself and curious about any real need for a muzzle device. Recoil shouldn’t be a concern, correct?

199p

Lil-Rokslider
I have a t3, vx5 carbon stock its 3.1kg with suppressor and 3 rounds

Its managable with no can at 2.6kg but its much nicer to shoot with the can. sometimes i carry it with the can in my pack and screw it on when im into the area.

More to shorten it up not for the weight side

Macintosh

WKR
Its a 270win basically. Folks used to a 30-06 or 300winmag consider it a low-recoiling rifle. Folks happily using a 7mm08 or 6.5cm or similar wonder why folks want so much recoil. Exact stock dimensions could make it somewhere between very manageable, and a little much.

OP
General RE LEE
Its a 270win basically. Folks used to a 30-06 or 300winmag consider it a low-recoiling rifle. Folks happily using a 7mm08 or 6.5cm or similar wonder why folks want so much recoil. Exact stock dimensions could make it somewhere between very manageable, and a little much.

I want a 6.5 PRC but every time I look at a ballistic table, I'm reminded a 6.5 CM is more than enough for whitetail deer in TN. Especially considering I want a light, basic rifle with a sporter barrel, the 6.5 CM recoil is much more manageable.