6.5 PRC decision to be made… Sako S20, Sauer 100 Pantera, or RPR?

ShawnieP

FNG
I’m looking for another rifle to fill a gap between .243 and .300 wsm (big gap I know). My demands for a light rifle are not particularly high because I generally hunt out of a blind, or moving over lots of country in the side by side. Don’t really haul a rifle around all day, and if I plan to do that, the .300 wsm is pretty light. I do like to take 300+ yard shots, so precision/accuracy is important to me as well as a good action.

I THINK I’ve finally narrowed it down to these 3, but could likely be convinced to go a different direction.

s20 is the cheapest which feels weird to say that about a Sako!

Sauer 100 pantera is the older Pantera model that comes with the black laminate stock.

Ruger Precision Rifle is used but appears to be in great shape. Would also look into a Bergara crest if I can find one around the price of these others.

Any thoughts or recommendations where to move?

I just pulled the trigger on an S20 in 6.5 PRC from Euro Optic. Both styles are $999 right now, killer deal.

I don't think either the Ruger or Bergara are in the same league as Sako. Can't say I have opinions about Sauer.

I say pull the trigger on the Sako!