6.5 creedmoor vs 7mm-08

Stid2677

WKR
Great looking rifle Steve! How's it shoot?

Lil Baby K,, shoots very well. Not the fastest girl I have ever owned. The short barrel limits velocity, I'm getting a couple hundred FPS less than published data or less than data on factory ammo. Still averaging 2800 fps with 130s Accubonds and they are sub MOA accurate, was out yesterday hitting a 9 inch steel plate at 600 yards.

Had to polish the feed ramp and follower, and do some minor magazine box fitting. But other than that and a trigger tweak, she is a great shooting rifle. Going to write an article on it later, so I will get deeper then.

robie

WKR
If you have Field and Stream locally, they have last years model Kimber on clearance for $1000 with an extra 10% off right now. $900 for a Montana is tough to beat.

Thats a great deal. Closest one is in Lafayette, worth a call to see if they will ship it. I do like the idea of having a threaded barrel for kids to shoot it someday.

robie

WKR
Stid,

I'm curious at what what made you go with the Adirondack?

Lil Baby K,, shoots very well. Not the fastest girl I have ever owned. The short barrel limits velocity, I'm getting a couple hundred FPS less than published data or less than data on factory ammo. Still averaging 2800 fps with 130s Accubonds and they are sub MOA accurate, was out yesterday hitting a 9 inch steel plate at 600 yards.

Had to polish the feed ramp and follower, and do some minor magazine box fitting. But other than that and a trigger tweak, she is a great shooting rifle. Going to write an article on it later, so I will get deeper then.

Stid2677

WKR
Stid,

I'm curious at what what made you go with the Adirondack?

About the only rifle I did not already own. :) I really like both my Kimber Mountain Ascents, I have 30-06 and 280AI, so I wanted to play around loading and shooting the 6.5mm Creedmore. Plus I believe my wife is going to love this little rifle. Small, light, accurate, very light recoil, but still has plenty of killing power as well as range, no toy gun by any means.

Not going to lie,, still would rather pack my Kimber MA 30-06. That is my current "kill it all rig", but this Baby K sure is nice to pack and she is a shooter.

Kimber as a new rifle for 2016 called the "Hunter",, Under 1 K, I handled one, but have not shot one. They look interesting for the money, or a nice place to start for a semi custom.

Steve

Fireguy

WKR
I have spent the last couple months loading and shooting my Kimber Adirondack 6.5mm Creedmore, tons of factory loads and many high BC bullet choices. They are close enough, that is really comes down to personal choice, not wrong choice as both will get it done.

6.5mm%20Creedmore%20Kimber_zps2bnngnio.jpg

What scope are you running on it?

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
This is my new Ruger Hawkeye FTW Hunter Rifle in 6.5 Creedmoor. Looking forward to getting it to the range. I just set it up today with a Meopta 4.5-14x50mm scope.

Attachments

• 100_3113.jpg
    100_3113.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 130
I just saw I never posted pics when I got my stock back.

Savage 16 LWH 7mm-08 in a bettin custom stock. 6#13oz as it sits.

Brianb3

WKR
I have spent the last couple months loading and shooting my Kimber Adirondack 6.5mm Creedmore, tons of factory loads and many high BC bullet choices. They are close enough, that is really comes down to personal choice, not wrong choice as both will get it done.

6.5mm%20Creedmore%20Kimber_zps2bnngnio.jpg

Stid what turret do you have on your Swaro?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stid2677

WKR
Stid what turret do you have on your Swaro?

I have the Ballistic Turret that has the 3 colored rings that can be indexed for different loads and ranges, then I had a dial made that slips on over using one of the rings and has ranges on it that match the load ballistics. My current load gives me 628 yards stop to stop. The dial was made by the Outdoorsman Store.

This is my new Ruger Hawkeye FTW Hunter Rifle in 6.5 Creedmoor. Looking forward to getting it to the range. I just set it up today with a Meopta 4.5-14x50mm scope.

5miles how do you like that meopta

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
5miles how do you like that meopta

I'll let you know in a few weeks. With their military discount I couldn't pass it up to try it out since I like their S2 spotter so much. I wish the target turret was a little taller though. I do have a call into them though as it isn't getting the 68 MOA elevation range they advertise on it. They were going to check some coming off the line and get back to me on that one. Not sure it will matter for this rifle anyway as I probably won't be shooting much past 600.

I'll let you know in a few weeks. With their military discount I couldn't pass it up to try it out since I like their S2 spotter so much. I wish the target turret was a little taller though. I do have a call into them though as it isn't getting the 68 MOA elevation range they advertise on it. They were going to check some coming off the line and get back to me on that one. Not sure it will matter for this rifle anyway as I probably won't be shooting much past 600.

I've considered purchase of 1 but haven't heard much on them besides what read.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
I've considered purchase of 1 but haven't heard much on them besides what read.

Their glass is pretty decent......especially in their S2 spotter. I had a Swaro HD spotter and I like the Meopta better. I haven't really had much of a chance to really use this scope yet but it appears to be bright and clear from what little I've looked through it. I'll have a better idea on the range (will use it out to the 600 yard gongs), and will see how it tracks and how well it adjusts for those longer shots.

gdog

Lil-Rokslider
I've been waiting and watching to see when the Montana would be available in 6.5 CM. Contacted a few dealers and was told June/July, but not definite. Decided to call Kimber direct and was just told today that the Montana in 6.5 CM will not be out till Jan/Fed 2017(?)

Anyone know otherwise?

edit **..my misunderstanding of what I was told by Kimber rep.. If new order was placed now, Jan-Feb would be expected delivery date. Dealers who pre-ordered are getting inventory now.

I'm going with a 6.5 CM.

Last edited:

robie

WKR
I've been waiting and watching to see when the Montana would be available in 6.5 CM. Contacted a few dealers and was told June/July, but not definite. Decided to call Kimber direct and was just told today that the Montana in 6.5 CM will not be out till Jan/Fed 2017(?)

Anyone know otherwise?

edit **..my misunderstanding of what I was told by Kimber rep.. If new order was placed now, Jan-Feb would be expected delivery date. Dealers who pre-ordered are getting inventory now.

I'm going with a 6.5 CM.

I was getting all kinds of quotes from dealers on wait times. I found one on gunbroker and just ordered it. I want' able to find a 6.5, good luck!