6.5 Creedmoor Rifle Recommendations

Coors Man 264

Lil-Rokslider
Looking for a new rifle chambered in 6.5 Creedmoor. Rifle will be used mainly for range shooting. Looking to stay under that $2000 mark for rifle only. Currently considering either the Seekins Bravo, or Springfield 2020 Waypoint. Any recommendations or thoughts are appreciated. Just some more info, will be paired with Nightforce NX8 4-32x50, and I will be handloading. Thanks.

Between those two the Seekins all the way, it’ll be a better range rifle plus there’s plenty of reports of bad accuracy from the Springfield, I personally wouldn’t touch one with what I’ve seen from users.

In that price range I’d also look at Bergara HMR Pro, Tikka CTR dropped in a Bravo (get SS if you go Tikka, the CM barrels are slow), and also some options like a bighorn origin or similar action with a prefit barrel dropped into a bravo or other chassis.

mt100gr.

WKR
X2 on a Tikka. But if just for the range, I suggest a CTR. My 20" CTR in 6.5cm hangs with my RBros at long range quite easily. Super fun rifle to shoot in 6.5cm and a decently long magazine to handload the long bullets over a full tank of powder.

OP
Coors Man 264

Coors Man 264

Lil-Rokslider
Between those two the Seekins all the way, it’ll be a better range rifle plus there’s plenty of reports of bad accuracy from the Springfield, I personally wouldn’t touch one with what I’ve seen from users.

In that price range I’d also look at Bergara HMR Pro, Tikka CTR dropped in a Bravo (get SS if you go Tikka, the CM barrels are slow), and also some options like a bighorn origin or similar action with a prefit barrel dropped into a bravo or other chassis.
I'll have to look at Tikka. Never really gave them the time of day. What do you mean the CM barrels are slow? Thanks!

My Tikka T3x Lite 6.5 CM shoots sub 1/2 MOA with my 143 grain ELD-X Handloads. It’s not really a range rifle cause it’s not threaded for any accessories and it’s a sporter barrel that gets hot fast, but man it shoots.

Powdersug

FNG
Have you looked at the Bergera Match or HMR?
For the money you get a hella of rifle and plenty to spend on a scope.

I'll have to look at Tikka. Never really gave them the time of day. What do you mean the CM barrels are slow? Thanks!

They just don’t produce the best velocities. My 20” SS 6.5 CTR was faster than my 24” CM 6.5 CTR with the same bullet and charge weights. SS is the way to go with Tikka.

Only downside to Tikka is Berrettas CS if you need it, they absolutely suck. I’ve dealt with them a couple times with Sako stuff and it was painful. Other than that if you shoot high volume eventually you’ll break the bolt stop pin but there’s aftermarket options cheap so you don’t have to send it in for that.

Keener22

Lil-Rokslider
If you know you will most likely never take it hunting, I’m voting the Bergara HMR. The regular or the pro, both will serve you very well as range guns if you like the stock. They’re heavy, but very accurate with good out of the box triggers. The regular HMR should run you around $1,000. Not a fan of Tikka, but many people are and they definitely shoot.

Timwinjr

FNG
The Tikka is hard to beat for the money. I’ve had one in 30-06 for 10 years and it has been reliable and very accurate. I’ve probably harvested 90% of all my game with it. Never had an issue. Have heard good things about Seekins but I have been on a Cooper rifle kick for the last few years and have been really impressed. For under 2k, tikka will do a great job, between 2-3k, my preference is Cooper.

Timwinjr

FNG
Tikka ctr is a pretty sweet range gun. Launches 147 eldm's into tiny little groups.
How is the ctr for hunting purposes? I’ve been toying with the idea of picking up one in 308 for deer hunting. How does the weight/balance feel compared to a normal bolt action? I’ve never held one.

How is the ctr for hunting purposes? I’ve been toying with the idea of picking up one in 308 for deer hunting. How does the weight/balance feel compared to a normal bolt action? I’ve never held one.

It does great, especially in the 20” version. It’s basically a T3X lite with a little heavier barrel (between it and a varmint profile), a stock with wider forend and better grip and cheek piece, and comes with a larger bolt handle, a picatinny rail, and a better magazine system. It’s a poundish heavier than the lite so if ounces matter for backpack hunting it may not be the best choice but for most hunting it’s about perfect.

GAHunterJim

Lil-Rokslider
Given the choice, I would get something from Christensen for your budget, maybe the Mesa Long Range. Keep in mind with the Springfield carbon barrel (they have steel barrel option that would be my choice), the carbon is simply a "tube" inserted over the barrel with air space between the carbon and barrel, it's not "wrapped" in carbon in the traditional method. I think BSF. "BSF Barrels uses carbon fiber in a way that we feel is most effective. After turning down the barrel, we jacket a 416R Stainless steel match barrel in a roll-wrapped carbon fiber sleeve and load it under tension. 95% of the carbon fiber does not touch the stainless steel creating air gaps".

OP
Coors Man 264

Coors Man 264

Lil-Rokslider
Given the choice, I would get something from Christensen for your budget, maybe the Mesa Long Range. Keep in mind with the Springfield carbon barrel (they have steel barrel option that would be my choice), the carbon is simply a "tube" inserted over the barrel with air space between the carbon and barrel, it's not "wrapped" in carbon in the traditional method. I think BSF. "BSF Barrels uses carbon fiber in a way that we feel is most effective. After turning down the barrel, we jacket a 416R Stainless steel match barrel in a roll-wrapped carbon fiber sleeve and load it under tension. 95% of the carbon fiber does not touch the stainless steel creating air gaps".
I heard there have been some quality control issues with Christensen rifles?