6.5 Creedmoor Hornady 140 ELDM for Bull Elk

180ls1

WKR
Thanks. Leaning 280 AI best drift profile and drift is the variable we have the least control over.
6.5 PRC for deer/pronghorn just looks sweet IMO. The 270 WSM is crazy flat but flat doesn't impress me as much as drift. Now the 270 WSM and 6.5 PRC have nearly identical drift but the 270 WSM is way flatter but more recoil. Decisions, decisions,....LOL

No solutions, only tradeoffs!

What if you got a custom chamber/twist on the .270 to shoot the big heavies?

ElGuapo

Lil-Rokslider
How can you deny in good faith the gains threads with hundreds of testimonials and pictures.
The 6.5 thread and even the 223 thread?

You litterly have the info that if works superbly rite in front of you face and are denying it.

Use what you want, but you are simply spreading misinformation when you say it doesn't work.

What proof do you have that it doesn't?
Holy smokes, did I say anywhere that it wouldn’t work? If I did, then I definitely take that back…. I’m sure it works mostly. I think I said, it doesn’t make it a good Idea. That’s my opinion, from my personal experience. The CM isn’t magic, it’s just common, easy to shoot, accurate, and I now know there’s ALOT of guys out there that really hate recoil, and that cartridge fixes it.

I believe bigger, heavier bullets make a difference, especially with large game such as Elk. I never argued that bad shot placement was a reason for that. My experience is that they “Subjectively” are more effective. That’s my opinion….. I’m probably wrong….. I’ll take my wrong opinion and keep on smashing what I shoot at. You should shoot what you have confidence in… I believe that as strongly as I believe the other stuff. If that rifle is what you have confidence in, then that’s what you should shoot.