6.5 Creedmoor/260 for Deer, Elk, and whatever else.....

Why do you talk about things that you have no experience with?

Isn’t it funny that the TMK’s do exactly what I said they do starting almost a decade ago.

Well you edited your post, but I find it interesting that you've been to Sierra and educated them, yet they still continue to recommend target bullets for targets, and hunting bullets for game.

You act like you guys are the first group to shoot stuff with match bullets, people have been doing it for a long time. Do they often work? Yes. Do they always work? No. I've killed a shit load of deer with match bullets and hunting bullets, I do know what I'm talking about. I don't doubt that TMK's will work since they're basically an OG SGK with a tip.

Years after the TMK's were introduced Sierra still felt the need to make the TGK...

I also don't doubt that you have shot a lot of animals and seen a lot shot, but acting like you know more than Sierra and that the TMK is the end all be all hunting bullet is ridiculous. My point is that there are TGK's available that are designed for hunting and everyone here has a hard on for TMK's because hunters finally figured out that match bullets will kill things.

There’s more to it that sectional density. However, at like impact speeds the 107gr TMK performs well in tissue.

Thanks! I would expect some goodness to come from reducing recoil from the 130 to the 107 and those of us with 9 twist barrels might do better with 107s. I truly appreciate all the experience you share.

Formidilosus

Super Moderator
Shoot2HuntU
Well you edited your post, but I find it interesting that you've been to Sierra and educated them, yet they still continue to recommend target bullets for targets, and hunting bullets for game.

It’s almost like there’s a reason they do that. Wonder why Federal loads TMK’s in “Law Enforcement” ammunition that passes the FBI terminal ballistics parameters. Or Hornday doing the same with ELD-M’s and also “not recommending” them Kim for hunting.

You act like you guys are the first group to shoot stuff with match bullets, people have been doing it for a long time. Do they often work? Yes. Do they always work? No.

TMK’s and ELD-M’s are tipped, lead core, jacketed bullets. They are no different mechanically than any other tipped lead core “hunting” bullet. So saying they “might not work” (whatever “work” means to you) is the same as saying any tipped, Lear’s core bullet won’t work.

I've killed a shit load of deer with match bullets and hunting bullets, I do know what I'm talking about. I don't doubt that TMK's will work since they're basically an OG SGK with a tip.

If they are an “OG SGK with a tip” why are you arguing what you are?

That’s not true by the way, the jacket is different.

Years after the TMK's were introduced Sierra still felt the need to make the TGK...

Because hunters believe high weight retention and a perfect mushroom is what kills.

I also don't doubt that you have shot a lot of animals and seen a lot shot, but acting like you know more than Sierra and that the TMK is the end all be all hunting bullet is ridiculous.

Where did I say that I knew more than Sierra? However, I can all but guarantee I’ve seen more living things killed by TMK’s than anyone, and probably almost as many in proper ballistics testing as anyone. “Sierra” is fully aware of how TMK’s perform in tissue.

No one but you had said they are the “be all end all hunting bullet”. The only one using hyperbole is you.

What I desire in a bullet is sufficient penetration with an extremely wide wound channel, and a relatively high BC, that is not finicky. To do that requires a heavy for caliber, thin jacketed, lead core bullet.

Dang… almost like describing an ELD-M or TMK.

My point is that there are TGK's available that are designed for hunting and everyone here has a hard on for TMK's because hunters finally figured out that match bullets will kill things.

Tipped Game Kings suck as killing bullets. I shouldn’t say they “suck”. They are much more similar to a standard mono in their wounding performance than a relatively thin jacket, tipped, lead core non-bonded bullet. A bullets performance in tissue isn’t determined by the label a manufacturer gives it. If Sierra would have named the TMK the “Tipped hunting bullet” they would be as popular or more so as ELD-X’s.

Oh that’s interesting- the ELD-X. That’s a hunting bullet- the manufacturer says so. You ever compared what an ELD-X design is to an ELD-M?

Formidilosus

Super Moderator
Shoot2HuntU
Thanks! I would expect some goodness to come from reducing recoil from the 130 to the 107 and those of us with 9 twist barrels might do better with 107s. I truly appreciate all the experience you share.

No problem.

The 107gr works, just be aware of shooting it at max MV in say a creedmoor, etc. It’ll kill fine at 3,000fps, but causes a mess.

280Ackley

WKR
I also don't doubt that you have shot a lot of animals and seen a lot shot, but acting like you know more than Sierra and that the TMK is the end all be all hunting bullet is ridiculous. My point is that there are TGK's available that are designed for hunting and everyone here has a hard on for TMK's because hunters finally figured out that match bullets will kill things.
This post is probably the most ignorant and hilarious comment I’ve ever seen on this forum!

OP
woods89

woods89

WKR
Side note..........

Read the Q&A on the Midway listing. 1 guy asks if they are good for hunting, and there are 9 answers all essentially saying "these are not made for hunting". I thought about leaving an " au contraire", but decided that wouldn't exactly help the availability issues......

mxgsfmdpx

WKR
Side note..........

Read the Q&A on the Midway listing. 1 guy asks if they are good for hunting, and there are 9 answers all essentially saying "these are not made for hunting". I thought about leaving an " au contraire", but decided that wouldn't exactly help the availability issues......
They are terrible for hunting. Don’t recommend them at all. Buy something else. Thanks.

😎

You know, as much as I REALLY want to try them in my Swede, I think I'm going to forego ordering any. I've got 1,000 140gr ELD-m to play with & I'm 100% sure they'll do the job.

I was wondering how much of a difference there is between the eldm and tmk in the same weight class.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Formidilosus

Super Moderator
Shoot2HuntU
I was wondering how much of a difference there is between the eldm and tmk in the same weight class.

Not enough for most to notice. The TMK’s in general have a slightly thicker jacket which helps them penetrate just a bit more, but also have a larger tip/nose opening which helps them upset at a bit lower velocity.

For the vast, vast majority of people, shoot ELD-M’s as they are reliably available. The difference between any of the good bullets ain’t why someone won’t be successful, their shooting ability is.