6.5 creed primer size?

Been reloading for 15 years or so and just ran into an issue. Never knew you could have different size primer pockets on brass for the same cartridge. Went to load a box of ammo for a range test tomorrow and couldn’t put a win lr primer into the sized case. Checked a couple other boxes of factory ammo and it looks like federal fusion ammo uses small rifle primers in the 6.5cm. What are you guys finding with optimal loads and with varying primers? Im assuming I will have to work up two different loads with the different cases. I’ve never had much of an issue with mismatch cases in other cartridges but it was all using lr primers and the same components. Guess I’ll have to find some small rifle primers at some point. Thanks for the help.

Personally my 6.5 loves the 143 eld-x with LRP's. I only shoot 210gm's as well. Hornady cases mixed with some Lapua that I am transitioning to.

I switched my Creed brass to Lapua after running into issues with Hornady. Lapua uses small, everything else used large. Maybe it was the small primers with the small flash hole, but even though the Hornady would not hold primers after 4 firings, after I switched, I never quite caught back up to that Hornady load. I did switch literally everything though, so it's hard to tell what caused it. Changed primers, bullets, powders, and dies

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

I use the small primer pocket Lapua brass. Not sure it makes to much difference

Personally I would use only the same brass and not just load any brass the same as what you developed.

Back