6.5-300 load data

So I thought I had a great load worked up with us869 and 140gr accubonds. I was getting great velocity and accuracy. I just recently shot this load in warmer temps and found out how temperature unstable us869 is! My velocity went dangerously high and I lost accuracy! Back to working up a new load now. Powder is a bitch to find up in canada right now. I found some h1000 but am still looking for imr8133. Has anybody got some data to share? In case someone asks this is the weatherby 6.5-300. Thanks

Last edited:
I’m running ram shot lrt with a 124 hammer, Hunter use this load with caution as this is worked up in my rifle- 88 grains of ram shot lrt with fed gm215 primers at a coal at 3.50

I’m running ram shot lrt with a 124 hammer, Hunter use this load with caution as this is worked up in my rifle- 88 grains of ram shot lrt with fed gm215 primers at a coal at 3.50
Have you tested LRT for temp sensitivity? I think I could deal with it if it’s about the same as Magnum. Just wish Hodgdon would release a slower Extreme series powder.

I’ve got a really good load with 8133 but should have bought 8lbs. Now it’s unavailable. I’ve got some lrt but Im holding off for either the return of 8133 or I will try Vihtavuori N570.

I had pressure problems with 869 in warmer temps as well. I wonder what weatherby cuncocts up for powder. It’s spherical but seems almost immune to temps. Very accurate in my rifle as well, just too spendy for very much shooting

Ok, I have 4 shots inside a 1” square with 77.2 of 8133 with the 143 eldx and not much difference with a 10 shot group to proof but never got out to chrono for speed. No pics , I keep a notepad and draw my groups for reference. This was in 60ish temps. Vanguard 2 rifle with a brake installed. There was decent groups above and below so that’s how I work up a load. I’ll probably wait till some more 8133 shows up then check velocity at different temps of a day. I’m on the coast so pressure comes early

I tried some more loads with H1000 and the 140ab and 142ablr again yesterday. I got the 140s to shoot 1" and the 142s to 2". Got my speed up to about 3350 with the 140s using 79 grains. I will stick with this load for now until I can get some imr 8133.

So I thought I had a great load worked up with us869 and 140gr accubonds. I was getting great velocity and accuracy. I just recently shot this load in warmer temps and found out how temperature unstable us869 is! My velocity went dangerously high and I lost accuracy! Back to working up a new load now. Powder is a bitch to find up in canada right now. I found some h1000 but am still looking for imr8133. Has anybody got some data to share? In case someone asks this is the weatherby 6.5-300. Thanks
i pump 91.5 gr. of us869 for a 127 lrx and 78 gr. imr 8133 for the 143 eldx

Back