5 finger / barefoot shoes

Flatbow

Lil-Rokslider
it takes forever to get my feet into 5 fingers. Cabela's carries a 3 finger version that goes on easily and is as comfortable and light...

OP
Manosteel

Manosteel

WKR
For me, when playing the spot and stalk game- I'm usually moving real slow, taking my time, when closing the distance on an animal (of course I have had instances where things got fast and furious but most times its a controlled stalk) this always gives me time to take off my hiking boots and go in my wools socks the last 200 yards or so... The socks are ok but if I could get a bit more grip and protection with the same feel and quite why not try it?

Thanks for all the input. Right now crocks are great at camp but if I can come up with a camp/ stalk shoe that would be great.

I bought a pair this winter and love them. I used to make fun of people wearing them, but now I see why they do. Definitely will stalk in mine. I actually feel more spring in my step after putting them on.

Lawnboi

WKR
If you guys want a bare foot, grippy shoe but don't like the toe stuff check out inov8. I use them for running and may bring them along while hunting.

By the way iv been running in very minimal shoes for a while now and am yet to hurt myself. In fact I run a lot lighter on my feet now, and tend to feel better after running.

My calves still have some work though, I burn them out after 5 miles now. They get awfully sore after, which isn't necessarily bad. I can also tell my ankles, knees and feet have taken on a lot of strength since I started transitioning away from big foam runners a couple years ago,

Last edited:
OP
Manosteel

Manosteel

WKR
With all the input and several trips to several different stores to try on minimalist shoes I settled on the
MERRELL TRAIL GLOVE 2

At only 12.6 oz for the pair and still be a full fledged shoe It was a no brainier for me. Meets all my criteria; super comfy; grippy; real feel for the ground, as close to bare feet as you will get in a shoe; light weight; can be used n camp and on a stalk.

After all the in-between your toes talk I shy'd away from five fingers and am glad I did.

The colours suck but nothing I can do about that, these were the more reserved looking shoes in the whole store, I just about went blind with all the bright, and I mean bright colours for runners nowadays.