45 Raptor

blackdog of vt

Lil-Rokslider
I wouldn't see why not. Getting the gas port right may be the biggest problem. I know of several caliber conversions done but since the raptor is pretty new you may be the first.

ramont

Lil-Rokslider
Won't work. The reamers and headspace gauges are proprietary and you need to be an approved gunsmith in order get them. Also, you'll need to modify the magazines, and the gas port will probably need to be moved, not just changing the diameter because the case still uses pistol powder so the burn rate and pressure curve will be wrong.

OP
Brandon Pattison
Won't work. The reamers and headspace gauges are proprietary and you need to be an approved gunsmith in order get them. Also, you'll need to modify the magazines, and the gas port will probably need to be moved, not just changing the diameter because the case still uses pistol powder so the burn rate and pressure curve will be wrong.

An approved SA gunsmith?

It'd be cool if SA is watching. They just released the 6.5.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gbflyer

WKR
You can get an adjustable gas plug from Schuster to tune the gas system. It goes from off to wide open. If the Raptor generates enough gas, that should handle the gas issue.

You can rent a reamer and go gauge from 4D right now. He doesn't care who you are as long as you give him your credit card.

I'm not sure about feeding, my guess is that it would feed. They feed out of AR10's.

Ask on the m14 forum. There's a wealth of knowledge there.