.410 Shotgun for Backpacking

How about a Taurus Judge .410 pistol?
Reminds me of my CC class. One student reminded you of Dobber in the show, Coach. He shot a Taurus, and shot a decent round for the class. The instructor commented that he shot good, and the guy asked instructor if he’d like to shoot it. Instructor replied, “No, I don’t want to contaminate my hand, with a Taurus”.

I've been in your exact position. The older Rossi 410s are likely the best bet for price, weight, simplicity. I'd add a red dot to make it easier to aim. I had one, and it weighed like 3.5 pounds — was simple to takedown, too. Check out this auction link below.

That said, a 4-pound English double would be the ultimate for me. Expensive, sure, but it would be a family heirloom.

These look interesting to me.

In a similar position. Debating between a takedown 10/22 or a small shotgun for AK grouse when Caribou hunting.

I just bought a Rossi Tuffy (turkey model with 26" barrel)...but I would think the regular tuffy would be a sweet little gun. I believe it is 31" overall and like 3lbs. can hold 8 shells right on the stock. ticks every box I would look for in a light backcountry gun. I am not a fan of the .410 pistols.

I just bought a Rossi Tuffy (turkey model with 26" barrel)...but I would think the regular tuffy would be a sweet little gun. I believe it is 31" overall and like 3lbs. can hold 8 shells right on the stock. ticks every box I would look for in a light backcountry gun. I am not a fan of the .410 pistols.
I’ve been looking at those at well. Priced very reasonably. Wonder how they pattern at 25yards..

I have used the heck out of my Rossi Tuffy (and its predecessor). I love that little gun. I’ve probably killed a dozen turkeys with it and countless grouse. It throws a very good pattern with lead and tss shot. The short barrel only has a fixed choke, whereas the longer barrel has screw in chokes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back