40 yard Doe

I'm in my platform stand, camo box, with little windows, 6' off the ground. mama doe comes in @ 40 yards. (I'm saving my tag for a buck)
This doe literally looks at me for 1/2 hour. She stood her ground, and just stared at my blind. She took a break, ate some blades of grass. Back to staring at me.

She knew something was askew in the blind. I was perfectly still for 1/2 hour. But she was well aware of the danger within the blind.

Finally it was dusk, and I had to leave the blind. Started moving around alot within the blind, gathering my stuff. That was enough for her, she bolted with her 2 fawns.

Cool experience ... but she won't be back for a while. I just wish a buck followed her around, but that never happened.

EdP

WKR
Something to think about: I have a 6'x6' box blind I built on a hillside overlooking a clover plot. The floor of the blind is about 8' above the closest part of the plot 30 yds away. During one of my first hunts from the blind I had the front and one side window open. It became evident very quickly that the prevailing westerly breeze was carrying my scent out and down to deer on the food plot. Keeping the side window closed solved that problem. It just gets opened if I need to make a shot out that side.

Keep at it, she isn't the only deer around.

Yeah, I agree, there is no way she saw you if you were still, but she smelled you and that is why she was staring. If you would have made noise or she saw you, she would have likely stomped the ground trying to get you to move again or something. An alert doe will just stare, and that is because she smelled you.

Consider your scent control regimen and get back out there. Trial and error is the only way to get good at hunting. Clothes, boots, food you ate, gum, etc...all can make a difference in the close quarters of bow hunting range.

Also, if she has fawns, don't be shocked if she is back out there sooner than you think. While she knew something was off, there was nothing that d her that she saw. So she doesn't equate the smell to the noise to the spook. She will be out within a day or two and feeding her fawns.