40 Mile Caribou Backpacking Hunt

Whip

WKR
I've been planning on trying to book a caribou hunt with 40 Mile Air next year. (I've flown with them before so am on their list)
How does this closure work for people that have hunts booked through outfitters? Is it possible season could be closed before we even get there? We had been thinking of going early Sept.

OP
E
I've been planning on trying to book a caribou hunt with 40 Mile Air next year. (I've flown with them before so am on their list)
How does this closure work for people that have hunts booked through outfitters? Is it possible season could be closed before we even get there? We had been thinking of going early Sept.
Zone 2 is allocated a substantial amount of quota even though there are very few fly in hunters. I would not worry about it closing. Its possible, but very very unlikely. Im trying to plan a fly in next year also and am not worried. My biggest worry is about finding a pilot to take me in solo, since I havent found anyone else to go with.

Last edited:
@elkandsheep did you find anyone for next year? I would be interested. Going to alsaka for two weeks with my wife and she said I could go hunt caribou for a week. I don't have enough post to message you.