360 grain arrow with grim reaper mechanical

Zac

WKR
Ultimately isn’t the argument about shot placement. I use GR WTS special but I do not aim at the shoulder and I use them because I am purposely aiming for a double lung that would produce much more blood but those are at whitetail distances in a much more controlled environment. People probably have favorable outcomes with any mech because of shot placement. I do not think any mech really allows for a tight slightly quartering too shot which is why IW Bill is against Mechs because a strong COC allows you more forgiving effective set up for those shots specifically and if you use the Wide it provides a large cutting diameter similar to a mech but I think for most Whitetail mech users specifically have bow tuning issues or not tuned at all and mechs with large blazer vanes will essentially hide those tuning issues so when they do have a good outcome with a Rage or GR it isn’t confirmation that the mech is good or superior but probably you had a better shot placement that compliments that broadheads ability. The same untuned bow with 300fps mech with bad arrow flight in a quartering shot that hits shoulder is probably not recovered.
Your mostly right, shot placement is almost always to blame for failures. However animals do react and all you can control is where your pin is when the shot breaks, not where the animal will be when the shaft gets there. This discussion can also bleed into where to shoot based on what setup you have. An entirely different discussion for sure.

dtrkyman

WKR
Crazy things happen when arrows hit moving targets!

When we started filming whitetail hunts years ago we soon realized very few were standing still when the arrow arrived!

Always wanted to create a target that dropped so it was moving when the arrow got there and see what happens!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Zac