35 Whelen AI Headspace Gauges

Leaf Litter

Lil-Rokslider
My barrel just arrived and I'm starting to prepare for the build. Does anybody know where to find a 35 Whelen Ackley improved Go gauge? I've found a couple online to buy but they're backordered and who knows when that will arrive.

Anybody got a line on one or have one to buy/rent/borrow?

Thanks!

BCsteve

WKR
I have a .35 Whelen built on a Ruger MKII. Any specific reason why you're going AI? I thought about going AI when I had mine built but I decided it wasn't worth it. John Barness wrote that it's the least improved cartridge by going the AI route.

OP
L

Leaf Litter

Lil-Rokslider
I'm aware that it doesn't increase powder capacity much, mostly looking for better cartridge headspacing

BCsteve

WKR
I'm aware that it doesn't increase powder capacity much, mostly looking for better cartridge headspacing
Cool but I think the fear of headspace issues with the Whelen is overrated. I've never had any issues with mine. Keep us updated on your project!

Been shooting the 35 AI for over 20 years. Don't know the velocity increase vs std Whelen, but didn't do it for that.

It's a unique chambering, easy as sin to fireform and load for, cases don't need trimming much, is worth something in velocity as a bonus as there is a small case capacity increase and the loaded round is damn good looking.

06 or Std 35 Whelen Go gauge are the same, and can be used for the AI No Go gauge.