340 weatherby bullets

Tradchef

WKR
What have you guys had the best luck with out of your 340? With it harder to find more .338 bullets most of what I find is Hornady Interlocks and Barnes ttsx. Some partitions and accubonds but it’s hit and miss. Same with Hammers. I’ve sighted in with interlocks and they shoot really well. Never hunted with interlocks. Any good or no? I usually use ttsx and partitions in my other rifles. This was one of my father’s Mark V rifles I was given after he passed this past holiday season so if I don’t punch my elk tag with the longbow this is coming out. I feel like I owe him one since he never hunted with this. I really enjoy it so far and it shoots fantastic. But as with anything I just want to make the best choice on bullet selection. If interlocks are a good choice I’ll roll with that. If Barnes would be better no issues there. Just wanted to hear your thoughts

Scott

I was ready to wrap my 340 around a tree until I tried the 210gr hammers. I ran them through a lee factory crimp die too for what its worth. Accubonds and bergers shot terrible for me.

MtnW

WKR
250 grain Nosler Partitions @ 2900-2950fps is the sweet spot . Hunting partner and I have used that round in two custom rifles for 25 years. Never lost a big game animal.