WTB 300 WSM ammo

JGTWI

WKR
Rating - 100%
26   0   0
Hi guys,

Well…my dad has decided to buy a .300 WSM prior to our WI gun season but of course cannot find an ammunition for it locally. He really does not want to pay gunbroker prices (who does), so I just thought I’d ask and see if anyone has a box or two that they’d be willing to let go of. 180gr would be preferred.

Thanks!

ofl0926

WKR
Rating - 100%
36   0   0
Hi guys,

Well…my dad has decided to buy a .300 WSM prior to our WI gun season but of course cannot find an ammunition for it locally. He really does not want to pay gunbroker prices (who does), so I just thought I’d ask and see if anyone has a box or two that they’d be willing to let go of. 180gr would be preferred.

Thanks!

Let me see if I have anything

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

samc

Lil-Rokslider
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Do you reload? Ive got lots of brass and no longer have a 300 WSM

OP
J

JGTWI

WKR
Rating - 100%
26   0   0

jd65

Lil-Rokslider
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Wow jd65, that’s awesome.

Wow jd65, that’s awesome. Thanks.

I would take 3 boxes if you’re willing to part with them. Send me a message with the total and an email address and I can send you $ via PPal.
I’m not going to use it so may as well pass them along to someone that will. I’ll get with you later when I get to the house. I’ll be able to ship it out tomorrow.

In the mean time, I have never shipped any ammo so if someone wants to chime in on what shipping service they use and how to go about it I’d appreciate it.

OP
J

JGTWI

WKR
Rating - 100%
26   0   0
I’m not going to use it so may as well pass them along to someone that will. I’ll get with you later when I get to the house. I’ll be able to ship it out tomorrow.

In the mean time, I have never shipped any ammo so if someone wants to chime in on what shipping service they use and how to go about it I’d appreciate it.
I think UPS ground is the way to go. Don’t think USPS will do it.

I know my local UPS store will not handle anything firearms related, so I need to go to the local UPS warehouse/customer center.

Gen273

WKR
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
JD65,
I receive ammo through USPS all the time. And I will take the other box if you want to sell it.

davsco

WKR
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
JD65,
I receive ammo through USPS all the time. And I will take the other box if you want to sell it.
you may receive it from someone shipping it illegally, but it is NOT legal to ship ammo via usps.

Gen273

WKR
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
you may receive it from someone shipping it illegally, but it is NOT legal to ship ammo via usps.

Thanks for the info; I didn't know.

davsco

WKR
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i generally ship via ups just because they do the most deliveries to me and i like just handing it off to them vs schlepping to a store.

need to have that "diamond" on the package, you can just print one on paper and cut it out and tape it on.

if i don't have a pickup coming, i just drop it off at a ship it all store that handles ups. some may not take it but most do.

AJPERALTA

FNG
Classified Approved
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
If you have a UPS hub close to you that’s where I take mine. Just have the diamond sticker on it mentioned earlier and declare it ammo, show ID and good to go. The stores are hit or miss. The one by my house didn’t even want to ship a scope for me. I had to convince them it was a telescope

Rating - 100%
33   0   0
I can’t see if it’s been mentioned, but I use UPS pick up all the time for ammo as my hub is a ways away. I made a few account and print the postage and add the pick up option. I put ammo in the notes section , use the sticker/label people have mentioned and have not had any issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jd65

Lil-Rokslider
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I stopped by both FedEx and the UPS Store. Neither would take it.

This FedEx location I have shipped rifles through but wouldn’t accept the ammunition. The interesting lady said I needed to take it to a Dangerous Goods FedEx location …It’s flammable, could explode and ammunition kills people. Ok to that

The UPS store said they are a franchise and are not licensed to ship hazardous or dangerous goods or alcohol etc. She recommended me to do exactly what you guys mentioned above. Make an account and print my own label. She said I could then drop it off back at the store or have it picked up. At least she didn’t act afraid of a brown box with ammunition in it.

So to end this story, I now have a UPS account. Thanks to all for the info.

davsco

WKR
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
back in my working days.... i would just bring it to work and drop it off in the ups pickup box. zero issues.

samc

Lil-Rokslider
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
B5E6DEC8-F0EB-4D90-AD08-1714D9F17FFF.jpeg
I’ve also got these if anyone is interested. $40 bucks a box plus shipping.

gleason51

Lil-Rokslider
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Has anyone here used pirate ship? That’s what I used to ship all my gun parts/accessories. Plus it’s 20-45% off what you pay going directly through UPS. I have yet to ship ammo with pirate ship, but I’ve shipped a lot of complete AR uppers, etc. you can add insurance on there and declare hazardous/dangerous items. It’s pretty legit!