• Fat Bastard

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Stupid omni-directional factory device

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

IBA_270

FNG
Howdy all!

I am setting up 300WM and I'm looking for a few opinions on muzzle devices. I am not new to shooting by a long shot (no pun intended) but I AM new to this cartridge. What's the best all around device for recoil mitigation?

hiker270

WKR
A Limbsaver recoil pad goes a long way in mitigating felt recoil over most stock pads. Just about any muzzle brake does even better. A suppressor from my observation does 3 things. Helps with recoil, lowers decibel level considerably and reduces muzzle jump due to extra weight at the barrel end. Longer barrel rifles with a suppressor are no fun to carry for any length of time. Last year I carried a friends Gunwerks 28 Nosler with a 26" barrel and a suppressor and it was so barrel heavy I an still cursing him. Did shoot a cow elk at 631 rangefinder measured yards though so I guess it was worth it. I have shot my Tikka 300 mag with a suppressor a muzzle brake and without either. For extended range sessions I usually use the muzzle brake and when hunting no brake or suppressor. It goes without saying do not shoot a rifle with a muzzle brake without adequate ear protection.

davsco

WKR
big fan of area 419 hellfire brake on my 300wsm. they now make it in titanium so a little lighter. i know cans are all the rage but a brake def tames recoil and muzzle jump better for me. plus frankly the cans aren't all that quiet so i'm wearing earpro anyways.

OP
I

IBA_270

FNG
big fan of area 419 hellfire brake on my 300wsm. they now make it in titanium so a little lighter. i know cans are all the rage but a brake def tames recoil and muzzle jump better for me. plus frankly the cans aren't all that quiet so i'm wearing earpro anyways.

Absolutely true...a can knocks the db's down a lot, but you're still wearing ear pro. Besides that, my buddies don't shoot suppressed...so....

Encore4me

Lil-Rokslider
My can reduces recoil and sound wonderfully on my 300 WM.
51f7611af4f76137111480a5a95ec407.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bullmtn

FNG
I ran a brake on my 300 win and switched to a can and will not be going back, I'm fairly stupid/slow and putting ear pro on before shooting animals just didn't happen with me and my shooting tendencies, I viewed the suppressor purchase as another firearm purchase, and it made it easier to swallow.

waspocrew

WKR
Suppressor.

But if opposed to that idea, the SRS brakes are pretty nice. I have one of their 2 port Ti brakes on a Seekins Element and it’s way easier to spot shots now.