300 win mag brass

Hi all, first time posting. I've been following the forum for quite some time and really enjoy all the great information.

My question is, what brass for a 300 win mag do you folks find holds up the best and is the most consistent? How many times do you fire it before it's no good?

Thanks for the help!

farmermail

Lil-Rokslider
I use Federal Preium nickel plated, which is good for maybe 4, 5 reloads. Why nickel plated? Just did, no particular reason.

OP
T
Thanks for the replies! I use CCI BR2 primers on my 7mm mag with good results. 3020fps and single digit SD. Do you think ill have issues running a non magnum primer on the 300? It definitely has a larger powder capacity.

Bater

WKR
Lapua, ADG or Peterson. LR primers should be fine in warmer weather, but I would test in colder conditions to avoid hang fires. If you happen to be using a ball powder I would stay clear of LR’s.

Thanks for the replies! I use CCI BR2 primers on my 7mm mag with good results. 3020fps and single digit SD. Do you think ill have issues running a non magnum primer on the 300? It definitely has a larger powder capacity.
You’ll have issues outside of warm weather with LR primers, there’s a lot of powder to burn and you don’t want to induce potential failures. I think 60-62 grains of powder is the recommended transition from LR to LRM.