3 ring options

bnewt3

Lil-Rokslider
I've found 3 rings that fit my purpose and don't cost a ton. Which would you choose? Going on a pic rail on a 110 Tactical 6.5CM holding a Bushnell Match Pro 6-24x50

Arken Halo
Vortex Pro
Warne Maxima

I'd like to get to the range tomorrow and Sportsmans warehouse is my best bet for getting rings tomorrow and they only show the Warne rings in the height I think I'll need. Any reason I should pass on them and wait for the Arken or Vortex rings?

I can appreciate "you get what you pay for" but i'm not spending $120+ on rings.

Macintosh

WKR
I have been burned before on rings, as have many others, so to a lot of people it makes no sense to skimp on rings to save 50 or $75–thats not much considering what the rifle and acope cost, but its equally important. If the rings dont hold it doesnt matter how good you, your rifle or scope are. Good rings are probably the single cheapest way to make sure your gun shoots as well as it can. I think a lot of folks, me included, didnt reply because you already acknowledged that you werent interested in that.
If you arent interested in any other rings, Ive used 2 sets of the vortex pro rings in the 1” size. Mine have been ok although I have heard a number of folks say they had various issues—honestly I dont even recall what. I’ve never seen either of the other two in the wild, never heard anyone even talk about them, so cannot compare.

Vertical split rings like the maxima are either too loose to Hold the scope in position, or too tight for the scope internals to handle. I've seen vortex pros break, the clamp design is not very robust. I've not seen an impressive Arken product yet, but don't know anything about those rings specifically

In that price range, the Burris signature xtr rings work well. Same with warne mountaintech.

OP
B

bnewt3

Lil-Rokslider
Vertical split rings like the maxima are either too loose to Hold the scope in position, or too tight for the scope internals to handle. I've seen vortex pros break, the clamp design is not very robust. I've not seen an impressive Arken product yet, but don't know anything about those rings specifically

In that price range, the Burris signature xtr rings work well. Same with warne mountaintech.
I should have specified Warne Maxima Horizontal

Shortschaf

WKR
Classified Approved
This is your second thread in 3 weeks asking for which scope rings to use

kjacg

FNG
Of those rings, I only have experience with the Warne Maxima (horizontal not vertical split). I think they are nice, sturdy rings. They are steel so just a bit heavier than aluminum but I'm very happy with mine, no issues.

I have a set of 30mm Warne Maxima mediums I'd sell you for $40 plus shipping. New without packaging, mounted them and they were too high so I got some lows. Lows just got sold with a rifle last week.

You spend good money on a rifle, hopefully a decent base, but you wanna skimp on rings. Spend a few dollars more and get something good.

OP
B

bnewt3

Lil-Rokslider
You spend good money on a rifle, hopefully a decent base, but you wanna skimp on rings. Spend a few dollars more and get something good.
I'll keep things price generalized for the purpose of this because I dont want to get off in the weeds of brands. What does a $150+ set of CNC rings do that a $80 set of CNC rings doesn't? I'm not talking about the $20 junk from amazon.

I have found that most things in life have a steep curve in quality from entry-level up to a certain point(midrange usually) and then the increase in quality becomes much more gradual, meaning diminishing returns. All that boils down to midrange tends to get you *most* of the quality for the price. (50% of the max price gets you 80-90% of the quality is a decent general rule for most things).

I'll keep things price generalized for the purpose of this because I dont want to get off in the weeds of brands. What does a $150+ set of CNC rings do that a $80 set of CNC rings doesn't? I'm not talking about the $20 junk from amazon.

I have found that most things in life have a steep curve in quality from entry-level up to a certain point(midrange usually) and then the increase in quality becomes much more gradual, meaning diminishing returns. All that boils down to midrange tends to get you *most* of the quality for the price. (50% of the max price gets you 80-90% of the quality is a decent general rule for most things).
To answer your first question, it depends. Some designs are just terrible. Sometimes it’s a material issue. Sometimes people cut corners where they shouldn’t. I’ve chased rings and owned possibly nearly every mid level brand out there. If the cheaper rings are proven to be reliable, I wouldn’t blame anyone for saving a few bucks. But sometimes saving a few bucks cost you several more when you realize you ended up with an inferior product. Sometimes a set of rings might have a certain feature that others don’t. Take the 700 platform. Seekins makes a rail that has a recoil lug that fits into the top of the action. They also have it for savage. I personally like that feature and would potentially pay extra for that in that platform. I will agree with you on one thing, I’ll probably never own a set of ARC rings. But I’d step up from your other options as well.

OP
B

bnewt3

Lil-Rokslider
If I make a poor choice, ill pay the price. I can accept that. Sometimes we all have to learn the hard way.

Ill check for alignment before I drop the scope in and I can lap if I need to. Yeah, I know plenty say good rings shouldn't have to be lapped. I see why people say that, assuming everything else is perfect they shouldn't.

I have a 110 with an EGW rail, Arken (at least at first) rings with a Bushnell scope. Lots of different machines with different tolerances, different operating environments, different QC processes, and different materials in that line to assume everything is perfect.

Shortschaf

WKR
Classified Approved
Id run a cheaper set of rings with a lapping bar 10/10. Could bed them too.

If you mount them correctly, and they have good contact with the scope, that solves 99% of the issues