3 or 4 season tent - Co Elk archery Advice please

fishstu

FNG
Hello - another east coast newbie here, planning to a 3 week DIY Elk bow hunt this year - 5 days out, 2 days back in town, and 5 days back out etc. etc

I have bought a Big Agnes HV UL 2 tent (great price on sale) with the foot print. This tent is mentioned in Public Land Elk Hunting by Mathew Dworak. It is light, under 3 lbs including the foot print. But I have also been reading about early season snow storms flattening light weight tents. Anyone have experience the BA HV UL 2 tent?

I would prefer to be able to handle whatever weather is thrown at us. Would I better off getting a light 4 season 2 person tent and if so which ones are recommended? I am not familiar with tarp tents but maybe that would be an option.

Many Thanks.

Which BA tent did you get? A Fly Creek? Copper Spur?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

having had a 3 season tent collapse flat on us during a wet 3 in snow fall I will always err on the side of caution. you are not very likely to encounter such conditions, however I would not gamble.

and besides what if you wish to use it latter in the fall.....

Stay with the tent you have. Just be prepared shake off your tent if it snows on you and pitch it in a stand of trees. Not worth the weight to go to a 4 season imo. I’d do a mid with a stove long before I’d ever go to a four season.

Back