.284 Sierra TGK/Gamechanger In Stock

TxLite

WKR
OP
TxLite

TxLite

WKR
Turned out grabagun was lying last time. Blue collar is showing boxes of 100 in stock though. I did confirm with Sierra they are currently being produced

Thx, TxLite. I got notice yesterday and ordered from Blue Collar. TGK 165s have been showing up on Graf & Sons and others... but selling out too fast. Finally got what I needed :).

TGKs have been a wow in terms of easy, consistent, and accurate!

OP
TxLite

TxLite

WKR
Thx, TxLite. I got notice yesterday and ordered from Blue Collar. TGK 165s have been showing up on Graf & Sons and others... but selling out too fast. Finally got what I needed :).

TGKs have been a wow in terms of easy, consistent, and accurate!
No problem. I’ve been shooting the 150’s in 3 7-08’s and they have been awesome for me. Like you said- easy, consistent, and accurate. Terminal performance has been great on coyotes, whitetail, hogs, and axis deer. Furthest shot on game has only been to 420 but they worked great

Looking forward to trying the 165’s in the prc and rem mag.

OP
TxLite

TxLite

WKR
Arrived today. Something I found interesting was the solid green tip. They used to be clear. Not sure if it was a supply issue or a deliberate change

7A681A8D-E77E-4FD7-A305-A804F601FE4A.jpeg
23B04273-ED8C-4D61-A01B-E9C19705E75E.jpeg

Have you guys used these on any critters? Been looking really hard at the 165s they make for my 308.

Sent from my SM-F721U using Tapatalk

OP
TxLite

TxLite

WKR
I’ve used the 150’s in 2 7-08’s at 2700fps, and one 7-08 AR10 at 2670fps. 5 whitetail from 30-100 yards have dropped in their tracks. Axis buck at 100 yards ran 30 yards. Large boar hog at 100 yards dropped in its tracks. Coyote at 420 yards dropped instantly. 5 shot groups out to 500 yards have been around .5 moa.

Based on what I’ve seen the bullet has consistently expanded well and made it to the other side. None exited except for the coyote. When the bullet was removed the cup and core were still together, but the core could easily be pulled out of the cup.

bigunit

Lil-Rokslider
I think the tipped match king are kind of a translucent green and the tgk are more of a solid green. Hoping to find some 165's in canada. If the bc is what they say it is, this will be my go to in the 280ai.

OP
TxLite

TxLite

WKR
I think the tipped match king are kind of a translucent green and the tgk are more of a solid green. Hoping to find some 165's in canada. If the bc is what they say it is, this will be my go to in the 280ai.
I think you have that backwards. The TMK’s are usually solid from what I’ve seen

I believe the gamechangers were supposed to be translucent but it sounds like some lots got solid green so who knows. I'm glad to hear the bullet held together well in the closer shots- that's the only distance these had me worried about

OP
TxLite

TxLite

WKR
I believe the gamechangers were supposed to be translucent but it sounds like some lots got solid green so who knows. I'm glad to hear the bullet held together well in the closer shots- that's the only distance these had me worried about

I found a pic from one of the 150’s at 100 yards on a wt doe. This was on the offside hide. Pic was taken after I pulled to core out of the cup

666B26FD-F2AD-49E0-8CBE-9E404592A632.jpeg

OP
TxLite

TxLite

WKR
Yes you're correct. Just looked at the 130's I have and the tgk is the translucent one.
I’m wondering if they ran out of translucent and used tmk tips just to keep the product moving

iowawhitetailnut

Lil-Rokslider
Are these adequate for elk, or more suited for whitetail/muley size game and below? Always heard/read good things about them but never been able to find them.

OP
TxLite

TxLite

WKR
Are these adequate for elk, or more suited for whitetail/muley size game and below? Always heard/read good things about them but never been able to find them.
I’ve never shot an elk, but would not hesitate to take them with me. It’s just a cup and core bullet with a tougher alloy core.