28 gauge semi

Jmort1754

WKR
Just bought a 20 gauge for a good price.

Now looking at a semi 28 for my 7 year old to use for upland and the like.

Anyone run a semi 28 gauge?

Weldor

WKR
I love mine, great dove and quail gun. bought a cheap Hatfield, took awhile to break it in. Runs great now. Just make sure your shots are 30 yards and under , not much shot in the 28.

Only one I’ve played with is a Benelli it was definitely a sweet shooter and functioned reliably. I don’t remember which model but they’ve got a few of them I believe.

I have the Benelli Ultralight 28, it is an awesome gun. Use it for pheasants over my dogs (Ohio bird hunts are preserve hunts).

It is very light with minimal recoil, highly suggest it.

Jacack

WKR
I have the Benelli Ultralight 28, it is an awesome gun. Use it for pheasants over my dogs (Ohio bird hunts are preserve hunts).

It is very light with minimal recoil, highly suggest it.
I also have that gun. It's a awesome little gun. Not cheap but damn nice

Bluefish

WKR
Tristar. They were rebadged and brought in under weatherby for a while as well. Super light and have been reliable as they are a copy of a beretta Action.

of course a Remington 1100 is always a good choice, but they will be more $$ and heavier.

If you're spending Benelli money look at the Berretta.
I have the 28g Xplor.. It handles 90% of my shotgunning now. Small pond ducks, squirrels, turkey, sometimes dove. But generally my 12 gauge comes out for ducks geese and doves

WildBoose

FNG
I shoot a 28ga Citori, but if I was getting a 28 auto it would be a Benelli. Berettas are alright, but a Benelli fits like no other IMO.....plus the new SBE are 3in, a 3in 28ga BOSS is a hell of a waterfowl load.

My son runs a Mossberg SA28 compact version. We have had it for a little over two years now. Had a few issues with ejection but it cleared up when he made it a focus to hold the gun tight to the shoulder. I can shoot it fairly well and hunt with it if I put a slip-on recoil pad on it to give me the extra length of pull. I think for the price, it is hard to beat.

D

Deleted member 8-15-23

Franchi.28, for everything includes ducks. And I own 2 benellis