26 Nosler... which model??

Great purchase WRO.

Bang for your buck at $1000 street price I would have taken a long hard look at the Browning X-Bolt Hells Canyon Speed in 26 Nosler. Light at 6 lbs 5 oz, fluted barrel with a target crown. Adjustable trigger that's reported to be one of the best ever on a production rifle, ATACS camo on a Duratouch stock. It has a 60 degree bolt throw, easy to use tang safety, and all metal is cerakoted so it would be a great foul weather rifle.
More like 7 lbs but a very nice feeling rifle

OP
Clark33

Clark33

WKR
Dang that was a quick purchase. Hope it's a sweet rifle. I would have liked to read some more feedback on the MOA's.

Couldn't pass up on a deal like that. Only heard good things about them and they're built fairly close to me. They also use benchmark barrels which is just over the Cascade range from me. Should be a shooter if I can do my part

Nice! I don't know much about the 26Nosler but it sounds like a sweet round. I would gravitate towards local made gear also.

GKPrice

Banned
Browning don't get the love others do, but the ones I've been around shoot like awesome and don't feel like a red rider in your hands (tikka).

I KNOW, right ? those Tikka rifles are just like 10lbs of crap in a 5lb package !! ..... HA HA HA HA HA (and nobody that knows anything buys them either, right ? ) I've yet to find a Tikka trigger/safety froze up while hunting though - just keep on hunting in the summer with those Brownings, you'll be fine (and what's wrong with a Red Rider BTW ??)

Tex68w

WKR
I KNOW, right ? those Tikka rifles are just like 10lbs of crap in a 5lb package !! ..... HA HA HA HA HA (and nobody that knows anything buys them either, right ? ) I've yet to find a Tikka trigger/safety froze up while hunting though - just keep on hunting in the summer with those Brownings, you'll be fine (and what's wrong with a Red Rider BTW ??)

Hahaha, y'all are ridiculous. Tikka makes a great rifle, pretty much a value priced Sako. I personally think they are the best buy in a rife under $700 closely followed by the Weatherby Vanguard S2. My only complaint about the Tikka is the stock (synthetic), it sucks, but that's an easy fix. The Browning X-Bolt is an excellent gun, not sure what the "Browning Summer" comment was in reference to, but it's a real shooter.

WRO

WKR
They're like the Honda civic of rifles, do everything well, just not particularly exciting or pretty.

That being said they just flat work.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

GKPrice

Banned
Hahaha, y'all are ridiculous. Tikka makes a great rifle, pretty much a value priced Sako. I personally think they are the best buy in a rife under $700 closely followed by the Weatherby Vanguard S2. My only complaint about the Tikka is the stock (synthetic), it sucks, but that's an easy fix. The Browning X-Bolt is an excellent gun, not sure what the "Browning Summer" comment was in reference to, but it's a real shooter.

so are all 4 of my Tikkas, "real shooters" ya'll - what's the Xbolt stock made of ?

WRO

WKR
Tikkas are like a fat girl, they aim to please but are hard on your senses..

GKPrice

Banned
Tikkas are like a fat girl, they aim to please but are hard on your senses..

now THAT I can relate to ........ just as a personal side note, I've held and fondled Xbolts many times in Cabela's and SW - IMO after trying many times, the Xbolt stock has an odd drop at the heel for me, does not come up right at all - Tikka T3 & T3x come up perfectly every time

More like 7 lbs but a very nice feeling rifle
How are your 26 Noslers shooting?

I feel that I am late to the 26 Nosler and it seems that few companies are chambering for them these days and Norma has discontinued brass... what's up?

I am hearing from some builders that it's finicky to load for etc

Thanks

How are your 26 Noslers shooting?

I feel that I am late to the 26 Nosler and it seems that few companies are chambering for them these days and Norma has discontinued brass... what's up?

I am hearing from some builders that it's finicky to load for etc

Thanks

highly overbore typically means finicky to load for.