$2500 Western rifle, what?

For a turn key no aftermarket changes I would get a seekins, if you may want to change something, a tikka.
Isn't Seekins an R700 footprint? If so both of them undoubtedly have aftermarket options but R700 would have way more. Not saying the Tikka doesn't have enough, just that it's a comparison the Seekins wins too.

Base model tikka in a short action.

Spend the rest on things that keep you in the woods, like boots, socks, gas, and food.

atmat

WKR
Isn't Seekins an R700 footprint? If so both of them undoubtedly have aftermarket options but R700 would have way more. Not saying the Tikka doesn't have enough, just that it's a comparison the Seekins wins too.
I think he meant that the Seekins is out-of-the-box great with no upgrades needed (hence its price tag), not that it has no aftermarket support.

Do you have one of these or know anybody with one? Looks like a cool gun. I saw the brother of the deer thief guy showing his off on Facebook earlier.

My best friend just purchased one off of GB, so I should have some experience with it next weekend. I like Stiller actions as I have a handgun that I shot IHMSA and hunted with built off of one. I also like everything I have read about the .22 Creed.
I talked him into getting this and I am building a .22 ARC. I shoot a lot more than he does, so I decided to go with a chambering that is a bit easier on barrels.

.222 ND

FNG
I’d buy a stock from Daryl Holland, get a 700 Remington chambered in 7mm rem mag (Usually cheapest for mag action) and a #3 contour brux barrel. Plenty of smiths will spin on a new barrel and bed it for around 500 dollars. if find a good enough deal on a 700 donor rifle then you should have enough left over for a new trigger tech trigger. Your cartridge choice could include a 7mm rem mag, 300 win mag, 300 Weatherby, 7mm prc, and many more.

Their actions don’t fit in a standard R700 stock, they are slightly different (that’s been my understanding) so aftermarket stock options are not plentiful

Their actions don’t fit in a standard R700 stock, they are slightly different (that’s been my understanding) so aftermarket stock options are not plentiful
I think you just have to have someone (or get brave with a dremel) cut a little relief in the stock forward of the recoil lug and relieve the left side a little for the bolt release. Which isn't horribly uncommon in some custom R700 actions.

I think you just have to have someone (or get brave with a dremel) cut a little relief in the stock forward of the recoil lug and relieve the left side a little for the bolt release. Which isn't horribly uncommon in some custom R700 actions.
I have handled the ph1&2 but haven’t shot them, but my impression of the stock is it would be completely fine for me, and that is why the rifle seems like such a good deal for a factory rifle

Only R700 based rifle I’ve been interested in, just a solid package for the price

Aside from the price, the peak 243 looks wicked, I just couldn’t pay that for a factory rifle, a tikka in a rokstok is similar weight (probably a hair lighter) and you save over 2k
I’m a huge tikka fan, however I am recently really interested in real Sakos. The machining, all metal parts, double stack flush mags, looks, 3 lugs, dual ejectors, integral rail options. Life is short, I want to start hunting with a rifle I’ll be proud to give my grandkids, should I wind up with any. I’d want to carve out my own walnut stock for it as well.

As others said, with seekins you’ve kind of already paid for the upgrades so it doesn’t make much sense to strip it down.

I’m a huge tikka fan, however I am recently really interested in real Sakos. The machining, all metal parts, double stack flush mags, looks, 3 lugs, dual ejectors, integral rail options. Life is short, I want to start hunting with a rifle I’ll be proud to give my grandkids, should I wind up with any. I’d want to carve out my own walnut stock for it as well.
I can certainly respect that mentality, and maybe even a little jealous of it.

Havak PH2 or Element. You can get the Element for under your budget if you shop around. Or as someone else suggested a Havak and a Ruger American for a backup rifle.

Do you have one of these or know anybody with one? Looks like a cool gun. I saw the brother of the deer thief guy showing his off on Facebook earlier.
also looking at these locaal shop sells several in 22creedmoor. They preach 1/2 moa guarantee. Dent know of seekins or any other company's that do this. just wis there was some real time reviews out there.

mxgsfmdpx

WKR
Aside from the price, the peak 243 looks wicked, I just couldn’t pay that for a factory rifle, a tikka in a rokstok is similar weight (probably a hair lighter) and you save over 2k
The Quest is the one you want if going that route. Awesome stock, and that 20" fluted and threaded barrel is on the way to me right now in 6.5CM. Should be here in February.