Which has better terminal performance?

• 134 Eld-M

Votes: 3 42.9%
  • 133 Berger EH

Votes: 4 57.1%

• Total voters

WKR

WKR
I'd like to here from guys who have killed using either of these bullets, with terminal reports and muzzle/impact velocities.

Not an extensive list but a deer and elk with the 134 eldm. Results have been pretty devastating. Can’t recall the impact velocity but 400 yards on the elk 300 on the deer starting at 2900ish fps. Both were baseball sized wound channels. The deer went through both knuckles and exited, the elk I found the jacket in offside hide. I did kill around a dozen animals with the 135 Berger with good results but the 134s are opening faster and leaving a more uniform, baseball sized wound channel vs more of a grenade effect with the Berger’s.

Probably whichever shoots better and you have a good supply of is the right answer.

hereinaz

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I have shot the 133 only, but they are money and I don’t see how the Hornady are better, given my experience with other calibers.

The difference is so minimal, I don’t see a reason to get too worked up.

I have Hornady for other calibers, but my 25 is my go to hunting rifle now.

Reactions: WKR

coleman

Lil-Rokslider
Has anyone had issues with thee 133’s penciling through and not upsetting? I’m looking at the 135 hybrids or the 133’s for a 25 saum build. Thanks!

OP
WKR

WKR

WKR
I think the answer is whatever shoots best in your gun. There isnt a wrong answer inbetween those 2 bullets.
They both shoot good 🤷 a tiny edge to the berger but not anything that matters sub 700 yards.

Reburn

Mayhem Contributor
They both shoot good 🤷 a tiny edge to the berger but not anything that matters sub 700 yards.

Thats great news!!
So still no wrong answer.
In that case I would just pick the one that is cheaper and / or the one that I could buy one lot number for the suspected life of the barrel.

I prefer the hornady wound channel, personally. On deer I’ve had some of the 135s make it 4-6” in before expanding, not ideal on a lung shot. The 134s are opening up within a couple inches at most and big wounds through the vitals.

Lawnboi

WKR
I prefer the hornady wound channel, personally. On deer I’ve had some of the 135s make it 4-6” in before expanding, not ideal on a lung shot. The 134s are opening up within a couple inches at most and big wounds through the vitals.

I havnt shot these exact bullets, but have shot and seen bunch of bergers and a bunch of eld shot into stuff. And the above is exactly how I would plan on using them.

On a deer I want the eld all day. I’m not a fan of the neck length of the Berger before upset. Eldm upset almost immediately.

The EHs I shot last year were decent in the accuracy category for quick load work and devastating on deer. Killed plenty of deer with the eldms in other calibers as well
IMG_9131.jpeg

This is the offside from a 140EH (260) shy of 100 yards

Reactions: WKR
OP
WKR

WKR

WKR
Thats great news!!
So still no wrong answer.
In that case I would just pick the one that is cheaper and / or the one that I could buy one lot number for the suspected life of the barrel.
On second thought....the bergers might get the edge after this 10 rounder1727637546584556113701517409679.jpg

OP
WKR

WKR

WKR
And yes! I know my zero is off 🤣 still finishing up tuning the load

B23

WKR
What about the new Sierra 131gr which looks to be the same as the 131 Blackjack, anyone shooting those yet and how do/would they compare to the Berger or ELD-M as a hunting bullet?

I have some but don't have anything to shoot them in yet since my 25 SAUM isn't done.