223 varmint ammo

Lawnboi

WKR
I have 400 pieces of new Norma brass that I'd like to keep for the 77tmk. I also have all the spent brass from 73 eldm factory loads. I've heard Hornady brass sucks so maybe I'll load up some varmint bullets with those and see how they work.
Hornady 223 only sucks if you have different lots. Towards 5 firings I had some wild inconsistency. Primers are crimped too, I’ll throw brass in the recycling before I remove 1000 primer crimps again.

Adi is good brass, as would be Starline, if you look for deals Starline can be had for 125isb per 500.

OP
hunterjmj

hunterjmj

WKR
Been digging around the internets and found mid south shooters supply sells 55 gr flat base hollow points 250ct for $39. I think I'll have to give those a try and load them in the adi after I use those up. I'll use the normal for my hunting rounds. I've have good luck with norma brass over the years and it doesn't cost an arm and a leg.

Been digging around the internets and found mid south shooters supply sells 55 gr flat base hollow points 250ct for $39. I think I'll have to give those a try and load them in the adi after I use those up. I'll use the normal for my hunting rounds. I've have good luck with norma brass over the years and it doesn't cost an arm and a leg.
Look at starline brass too if you’re looking to buy brass. It’s cheap compared to most others and it good quality. I’m running that on my daughters 223.

BLJ

WKR

Lots a cheap 22 bullets here. Good place to deal with.

Lawnboi

WKR

60 tmk shot well in my factory tikka barrel as well and blow up dogs.

Solm

FNG
I have some OLD Black Hills 68g BTHP ammo that my Savage 7T loves, MV is around 2800 and prints good groups out to 200 yds. Ammo is close to 30 yrs old, but always stored inside the house. Haven't tried any newer stuff, but I was able to match the accuracy of the Black Hills ammo with the Hornady 68g BTHP and IMR 4064.