.223 for bear, mountain goat, deer, elk, and moose.

Gettincloser

Lil-Rokslider
For those of you in the know, what companies/shops offer a "deal/discount" on the Tikka T3x rifles? I see that Tikka is offering a $75 rebate if bought between June 1 and November 30. But it would be nice to get a deal on a deal!

atmat

WKR
For those of you in the know, what companies/shops offer a "deal/discount" on the Tikka T3x rifles? I see that Tikka is offering a $75 rebate if bought between June 1 and November 30. But it would be nice to get a deal on a deal!
GunZoneDeals offers very affordable prices. They’re “email for price” is much lower than their advertised price.

DB29

Lil-Rokslider
Eurooptic was covering the sales tax on stainless models about a month ago. I don’t see it now but they are pretty good about honoring sales prices if you call.

mxgsfmdpx

WKR
4500 rounds with a 6.5 cm? Do you consistently see higher than average barrel life with Sako barrels?
Higher than average in my experience. Here’s a recent post of mine from another thread…

I’m up to somewhere around 40ish Tikka and Sako replacement barrels.

Most of them have shot as expected out of the box, however, I don’t normally put too much stock into the first 100 rounds. I’ll start getting a realistic and consistent velocity from the chrono at 100-200 rounds. Even with factory ammo and the large potential spreads.

When I used to clean my barrels I would wait at least 50 rounds before taking them on a big game killing trip. Probably not needed but it worked for me.

These days I don’t clean at all and I’ve found the barrels last the same amount of rounds or more usually within 200-300ish rounds before being “shot out”.

It doesn’t surprise me at all that your rifle shoots a bit better after a couple hundred rounds. I’ve seen this on multiple tikka and Sako barrels (not all barrels, but probably 20ish percent of them).

Good news with these barrels is, you never need to clean them, and they just keep on shooting very well.

My stainless 22” .243 Tikka barrel is finally dead after 7,000+ rounds. I just recently replaced a Tikka Stainless fluted .260 Rem barrel as well that made it 5,500+ rounds. A Sako stainless non-fluted .260 barrel made it 7,500+ rounds (my buddy in Finland who used to work for Sako at the time had me send it to him). A stainless fluted .204 Sako barrel made it 4,500 rounds before I bought a new one. A blued Sako 20” .223 barrel made it 8,000+ rounds.

Keep in mind that all of these barrels still functioned as expected and shot okay. They just didn’t meet accuracy/consistency specs needed any longer.

These are just a few examples of some round counts I had kept track of and had written down for a friend who was curious.

mxgsfmdpx

WKR
Call EuroOptic they are good guys. If Josh is still there ask to talk to him, he always takes care of returning customers.

mxgsfmdpx

WKR
I was maintaining 1800ish at 675 with a 20” barrel and ELDM hand loads at 5,000ish feet with mild temps. But reloading is gay and I’m retired from it.

Buy some Sierra TMK factory rounds and go shoot instead more. Way better and more fun than sitting at a bench pretending to be a scientist 😜🍺

mt terry d

WKR
Shoot2HuntU
At what elevation and temp? Sea level and hot I would doubt it’s doable.
@ 4,000-5,000' and 85 degrees.
I was curious how they'd do in the heat and I did have a few pierced primers but that didn't
alarm me much as I am using CCI 400's and have had pierced primers with moderate loads.
However, I am saving that load for winter hunting.

waspocrew

WKR
View attachment 741509Thought some of you might be interest. I just grabbed a few rounds to test out.

I’ve shot a few hundred prairie dogs and rock chucks with the 62 gr version and it works very well. The 75 gr version didn’t group well out of my Tikka and had a disappointing ES of 324. Not sure what I was expecting for the price, but definitely not ideal.

IMG_5013.png

Last edited:

Big_wals

WKR
I’ve shot a few hundred prairie dogs and Rick chucks with the 62 gr version and it works very well. The 75 gr version didn’t group well out of my Tikka and had a disappointing ES of 324. Not sure what I was expecting for the price, but definitely not ideal.

View attachment 741544
Wow, thats a crazy es. Ive never shot em out of my bolt gun, but they group great from my ar, for the price at least. Usually around 1 3/4 inches for ten shots.

waspocrew

WKR
Wow, thats a crazy es. Ive never shot em out of my bolt gun, but they group great from my ar, for the price at least. Usually around 1 3/4 inches for ten shots.

Here’s a 5 shot group (L) and 10 shot group (R) from the 75s at 100 yards. Usually my CTR stacks shots fairly well, so was a little bummed to see this. White squares are 1”.

IMG_4988.jpeg

Big_wals

WKR
Here’s a 5 shot group (L) and 10 shot group (R) from the 75s at 100 yards. Usually my CTR stacks shots fairly well, so was a little bummed to see this. White squares are 1”.

View attachment 741560
I hear ya. Im just using em for hog hunting, and shots are usually under 100 yards anyways with the way we hunt. They work great for that.

Check wiki arms. Picked one up for $741 off defense depot recently. Just got it so have to submit for the rebate still. Search for JRTXB312.

Gettincloser

Lil-Rokslider
Ended up going through Grab a gun for $788 for the stainless T3X Lite. Then the $75 rebate makes it nice.