.223 for bear, deer, elk and moose.

ElPollo

WKR
He's going out of business unfortunately
So there's airguns of Arizona and Airgun Source Canada
I ordered a set of TO84s a week ago from Airguns of Arizona. They were out of stock but I was told 2 weeks. This is the third set I’ve ordered from them. All were backordered and all came in in roughly the timeline they gave me.

amassi

WKR
I ordered a set of TO84s a week ago from Airguns of Arizona. They were out of stock but I was told 2 weeks. This is the third set I’ve ordered from them. All were backordered and all came in in roughly the timeline they gave me.
Given their popularity here and scarcity I'm surprised they aren't in the rokslide store yet

Air guns of Arizona has a shipment coming in here in the next few weeks but only 6 are not spoken for just a heads up

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Kimmo H

FNG
Count me in.

T3x in 223
Stockys stock
Mtn tactical rail with seekins lows
3-9 swfa

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Nice looking setup! Whats the total weight on that with the Stockys?

I too have a Lite Stainless 223 on order now, estimated delivery late feb - early march. Will cut the barrel down to 18" pretty likely and rethread it for suppressor when it arrives. Already got the reloading department sorted out for it with Lapua match brass, VV N135 powder, 52 Sierra HPBT, 75gr ELD-M, and even some 77gr TMK's that I found from Germany. Hopefully I'll like it as much as you guys do on this thread!

schmalzy

WKR
Nice looking setup! Whats the total weight on that with the Stockys?

I too have a Lite Stainless 223 on order now, estimated delivery late feb - early march. Will cut the barrel down to 18" pretty likely and rethread it for suppressor when it arrives. Already got the reloading department sorted out for it with Lapua match brass, VV N135 powder, 52 Sierra HPBT, 75gr ELD-M, and even some 77gr TMK's that I found from Germany. Hopefully I'll like it as much as you guys do on this thread!

46524629cdeb3e418ce51a898dbb947b.jpg

Also has MT bottom metal and spartan bipod adapter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Grundy53

WKR
Well, I read this whole thread again since I picked up my Tikka on Friday. So much great information. This has got to be one of the best if not the best threads on rokslide. Now I REALLY want to find some 77 TMKs

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

Grundy53

WKR
we have the same limit in Alberta, but good news is you can get close to this 'do more with less powder formula' with 6mm-ARC or 6.5 Grendel, they burn ~30 grains of powder and are also 'AR Cartridges' and they are the most versatile of all the AR cartridges imo just because you can hunt them on most of the continent but also, especially with the 6mm, the bullets range from down into .223 weight ranges but up over .243 weight ranges too, the 6.5 bullets are more down to the .243 weights and up to the lighter weight 7-08/.270 range, either way .223/6mm/6.5mm have a lot of bullet choices and flexibility, can't go wrong
Now that I have a WRKer special. My next project will be building an AR in 6mm arc for when I'm forced to hunt in Washington. Thanks.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

SBR Sarge

FNG
Correct me if I am wrong, but the Federal 223 TRU ammo seems to use the coveted and elusive 77gr TMK.

It is in stock at Bone Frog Gun Club if you have a membership.

DJL2

Lil-Rokslider
Correct me if I am wrong, but the Federal 223 TRU ammo seems to use the coveted and elusive 77gr TMK.

It is in stock at Bone Frog Gun Club if you have a membership.
That’s how I grab factory TMK for .308 as well (T308T). Federal seems to load their stuff light, I’d be interested to see some velocity numbers.

BigNate

Lil-Rokslider
That’s how I grab factory TMK for .308 as well (T308T). Federal seems to load their stuff light, I’d be interested to see some velocity numbers.
The .223 77gr TMK is rated at 2750 fps at the muzzle by Federal. Didn't see what barrel length they were basing it on. Though it's specifically for ar's so I would think it would be a normal length.

cod0396

FNG
The .223 77gr TMK is rated at 2750 fps at the muzzle by Federal. Didn't see what barrel length they were basing it on. Though it's specifically for ar's so I would think it would be a normal length.
.223 loads are generally measured out of a 24" test barrel. A factory .223 load would typically measure around 2600fps out of a 20" barrel and 2500fps out of a 16". BH 5.56 77TMK is likely around 150fps faster than this .223 federal load.

Formidilosus

Super Moderator
Now I know why guides are required for out of state Brown Bear hunts in AK 🤣

Can you explain what aspect of that combo he stated, that is not effective in a bear? Something can be measured- penetration, wound width, wound volume, neck length, etc? As in concrete terms, not just an idea.

Mangata

Lil-Rokslider
No sir, I do not possess that data.
I will happily retract my comment if you possess more than anecdotal regarding success using a .223 on coastal brown bears.
I appreciate you enthusiasm for this combo, and I feel that encouraging hunting dangerous game with said combo is reckless unless you have statistically proven data to support its use.
Is there data that the PH in Africa supporting the use of this round for dangerous game?
Again, will defer to your knowledge on the use of the .223 on these critters…