223 brass.

robtattoo

WKR
I've honestly never paid that much attention to .223 brass in the past. I've used what i pick up at the range, done all my own processing & not worried to much about headstamp or .223/5.56 crossover.
But now I have an actually nice .223 & I'd like to take more notice & care of what I'm feeding it.
I know Lapua is THE standard, but I can't warrant that expense if I'm buying 500.

Is there a good, consistent, budget friendly option?
Everything I find online seems either excessively spendy, or mixed headstamp.
I've got no problem with fired brass, but I really don't want to have to swage 500+ primer pockets again!

Another LC vote, I sorted all my .223 brass and run LC for all the run and gun matches. Been shooting Lapua out of my bolt guns but I recently loaded a bunch of lake city for a tikka bolt gun with great results.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
robtattoo

robtattoo

WKR
Another LC vote, I sorted all my .223 brass and run LC for all the run and gun matches. Been shooting Lapua out of my bolt guns but I recently loaded a bunch of lake city for a tikka bolt gun with great results.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I've always understood that LC was the best of the mil-spec.
I maybe ought to just take some time & short what I have! Good chance i can pull 500 out of the buckets 😄

SamsonMan22

Lil-Rokslider
Starline has been serving me well so far, I’m not sure if it will take the number of loadings Lapua does but at the price point it is a good replacement for it.

I run Lapua brass in my 223 bolt gun. To me it was worth the expense. I’d buy a box here or there and have gotten up to a stash of 500 or so now.

If I were to go another route, starline would be where I look. A lot of good reports on their quality of brass.

If I were trashing brass in a gas gun it would be a different story and I’d be looking for cheapest I could find.

Chris_in_Idaho

Lil-Rokslider
Powder valley has primed Norma brass for a good price
I've read the factory primed Norma brass is not the same as the regular Norma brass. If I remember correctly it was made in Hungary or some other place that's not Sweden.

I don't know if it was just that particular run or if this is still the case, but you should look into it first.

Juan_ID

WKR
I used lapua in my first 223 and have since switched to starline in my new one. I chamfer load and shoot. I also hated losing lapua brass in rock crags when shooting varmints

BLJ

WKR
I’ve been using ADI. Nothing else to really compare it to, but it’s been fine for me.
I buy ADI loaded ammo then just reuse the brass.