223 / 6mm / 25 / 6.5 Caliber Wound Channel Results

Rooggvc

WKR
I have really come to appreciate the separate threads with all of the different wound photos and cartridge information. The thing I have not come to appreciate is all of the bickering back an forth regarding the efficacy of said cartridges. I would really love for this to be a thread where you can post your wound photos with caliber information. I don't know if it's possible, but I would love to try and keep the bickering out of it. Obviously these calibers can effectively kill game. If you don't agree, and have no desire to use said calibers, please find another place to vent your frustrations.

OP
Rooggvc

Rooggvc

WKR
I have attached a couple of photos from a bull elk my friends wife shot. It was with the 6.5 Creedmoor shooting 140 grain ELDM's. Starting muzzle velocity was around 2840. Shot distance was 150ish yards. Due to the low recoil, she was able to put three quick shots into the bull. (The crazy part to me was she was running a left handed Tikka, and she is a right handed shooter.) At the first shot the bull just stood there and started to rock back and forth. He didn't take more than a couple of steps before falling.

Attachments

• 1.PNG
    1.PNG
    1 MB · Views: 24
  • 2.PNG
    2.PNG
    1 MB · Views: 24

WKR
I do gutless dressing on about everything. I'll say that the berger 6.5 140 vld shot at 2700 fps or so makes a lot of sloshing noises on all manner of game animals. I'm gonna try some 6mm 95 grain vld this season hopefully.