.204/BE Rampage Component Recommendation

TheTone

WKR
I’ve been going over similar thought experiments with axis shafts. Basically trying to decide between 50 grains of brass or the stock aluminum insert with a 25 grain IW collar.

Anyone taking off the collars for practice and shooting a heavier field point to keep weight the same? Essentially hunt with the collar and 100 grain broadhead but target shoot and practice with 125 grain field points and no collar? Plus then I could also ditch the collar and shoot 125 grain broadheads for critters where I don’t think I need the collar and extra impact strength

I may be the outlier here. I currently shoot the BE rampage and had problems with the bras HIT gluing in. Several would come halfway out when pulling from targets. Tried several glues and all had the same problem. I've used HIT's in FMJ's and never had a problem either. I then put in the BE SS halfout on another dozen BE rampage and using the same glue as before never had a problem with them coming out. So I can't really explain that...(I prepped them the same)

You're not an outlier. I've used hot melt and black epoxy successfully. With hot melt i'll heat up the insert and rub the glue stick all over the insert. Then I'll jam it in before the glue hardens. The insert or collar can come off if need be.

Black epoxy is used for golf clubs and very permanent.

I prefer the hot melt

OP
PSDBowhunter

PSDBowhunter

Lil-Rokslider
I figured I should probably follow up this thread with my final build.

I stuck with the BE Rampages cut to 28.75", 50 grain brass HIT inserts from Easton, VPA 5mm aluminum footer, 3 fletch with AAE Max Hunter, tophat protector ring, and AAE IP nock.

I cut and squared both end of the arrows and glued components using Kimsha hot melt.

Total arrow weight came in at 477 grains with a 125 grain head and they fly great.

As much as I wanted to go with IW components, I just couldn't justify the cost. I think the brass inserts from Easton and footers from VPA are a good alternative.

OP
PSDBowhunter

PSDBowhunter

Lil-Rokslider
Max hunter vanes and Max stealth vanes essentially grouped the same at 80 if I do my part.

Attachments

• PXL_20230811_232432745.jpg
    PXL_20230811_232432745.jpg
    679.4 KB · Views: 6